Nitrous Fuel Feed Location

GixxerThou_SVT

Established Member
Where are you guys pulling fuel from to get to the solenoid?

I have a plate set up and going with a return fuel system, my rails have ports on them. Ive been getting mixed reviews about pulling from the rail... Where are you getting your fuel from?

NitrousExpress

Established Member
There is no problem pulling from the rail. We sell and adapter block, PN# 16183, that mounts underneath the FRPS..comes with longer studs. This setup will pull more fuel than the nitrous system will even spray. I run one on my car, no issues.

-Garrett

LS-WHAT

why-try
Established Member
if ur going to run a return fuel system, pull from your regulator less junk by the blower and ect.

LS-WHAT

why-try
Established Member
your fuel pump regulator, most good regulators will have muiltple optional fuel ports i have a aeromotive pro series EFI after my fuel rails. so it has all the fuel it wants b4 returning to tank when i get home i can post a pic showing u how my nitrous fuel line is routed if needed.

Last edited:

MalcolmV8

Established Member
There is no problem pulling from the rail.

+1. I've pulled from the stock rail while returnless and from Fore rails while return. Works great in both setups.

Stock rail returnless.

IMAG0918_resized.jpg

Fore rail return

IMAG1169_resized.jpg

GixxerThou_SVT

Established Member
Ok. I will pull from the rail. I've heard that cylinder might get less fuel due to pulling the fuel from that port but there's no way that the jet will burn up all the fuel in the big rail. Thanks guys!

GixxerThou_SVT

Established Member
your fuel pump regulator, most good regulators will have muiltple optional fuel ports i have a aeromotive pro series EFI after my fuel rails. so it has all the fuel it wants b4 returning to tank when i get home i can post a pic showing u how my nitrous fuel line is routed if needed.

Post a picture when you can bud

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
How big of a shot are you going to run? If it's a 150 or higher I would not pull off the rail. When I used to run that stuff back in the day, I datalogged via my wideband, severe lean spikes on my NX system. I fixed it by buying an NX accumulator. I have a thread on modfords from back in 2005 with the info.

GixxerThou_SVT

Established Member
How big of a shot are you going to run? If it's a 150 or higher I would not pull off the rail. When I used to run that stuff back in the day, I datalogged via my wideband, severe lean spikes on my NX system. I fixed it by buying an NX accumulator. I have a thread on modfords from back in 2005 with the info.

125 shot tops... will the rail be fine?

GixxerThou_SVT

Established Member
I've been thinking about running this fitting right before my Y Block. I figure I can pull from here and the pumps will still feed the Y block plenty of fuel to get to the rails.

What are your thoughts on this?

KGrHqNq0FJhpHIdfBSZ3KmNvrg60_35_zps40f4f308.gif

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I plan to run it inline with my feed, right before my Y block that goes into my rails.

I don't know your specific setup. Is this location you speak of after the pressure regulator? In other words as boost changes will the location you're tapping from increase fuel pressure accordingly? If its right next to the rails then I'm going to guess probably so.

GixxerThou_SVT

Established Member
I don't know your specific setup. Is this location you speak of after the pressure regulator? In other words as boost changes will the location you're tapping from increase fuel pressure accordingly? If its right next to the rails then I'm going to guess probably so.

No. I am going with a RETURN setup. 10 FEED to a Y Block To 8 lines going to my rails. I am going to pull fuel right before the Y block. Make sense?

Users who are viewing this thread