Established Member
Do these numbers seem low?
519 whp
459 ft lbs
http://imgur.com/0wpQ2z7

http://youtu.be/S2LfcXV9e44

I'm spraying 150 shot on a NX plate kit and gaining 108 hp & 65 tq
2011 GT Auto
4C converter, e85, 47# injectors, BAP, Mike Rousch tune, ARH LT's with o/r X, CAI.
I'm seeing 23.5 degrees of timing at redline. On my NA tune I see 33 degrees at redline

Yep, very low...especially the torque.

NitrousExpress

Established Member
Low indeed. What N and F jets are you running?

What he said. Also, make sure you have nitrous in the bottle. Once they get below ~30% capacity, they will lose effectiveness. We tune and flow everything on 1050 psi. One more thing, why are you pulling out ~10 degrees of timing for 150 shot? Should only need 3-4 degrees if that on E85.

Thanks,
Garrett

weemon2k2

Established Member
Bottle was filled 30 minutes prior to the pull. It was about 950psi. I'm using 62N 38F jets
I think my tuner is pulling to much timing, especially on e85

NitrousExpress

Established Member
Bottle was filled 30 minutes prior to the pull. It was about 950psi. I'm using 62N 38F jets
I think my tuner is pulling to much timing, especially on e85

Seems like alot of timing pulled to me but I'm not a tuner by any means. Also check and make sure the nitrous filter isn't clogged. There should be one either on the bottle nipple or inside the nitrous plate fitting.

Thanks,
Garrett

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Pulling 10* isn't going to have a drastic impact on the dyno numbers that the OP is experiencing. OP, you might want to flow the system and make sure you're getting the nitrous that you're expecting. That's really the only way to confirm with any kind of accuracy. Also, if the converter is unlocked on the dyno, the power numbers will be skewed.

NitrousExpress

Established Member
Pulling 10* isn't going to have a drastic impact on the dyno numbers that the OP is experiencing. OP, you might want to flow the system and make sure you're getting the nitrous that you're expecting. That's really the only way to confirm with any kind of accuracy. Also, if the converter is unlocked on the dyno, the power numbers will be skewed.

Correct, and with a consumption test, that will tell you if the problem is a restriction of the nitrous side or the fuel side. If you need instruction on how to do this let me know. ^ This guy knows his stuff by the way, haha.

Thanks,
Garrett

weemon2k2

Established Member
The bottle pressure was still around 900psi after the pull.
On the track I will start spraying around 35-45 mph near the top of 1st gear (tires aren't sticky enough). I seem to be using about 1 pound for every pass. 11.15 @ 126mph is about my average.
I know I have a small screen in the nitrous fitting that attaches to the plate. I haven't checked it there is one on the bottle nipple. The screen was cleaned last year but I will check it again.
I'm not sure how a consumption test works, but it sounds like it would be a good way to help diagnose the problem.

weemon2k2

Established Member
My tuner says the tune locks the converter up during the pulls and holds the transmission in 4th gear

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
1 lb is on the light side for a .062 nitrous jet. Rule of thumb: 1lb for 100whp over 10 seconds. Meaning, if you put in a .052N jet (100whp) and spray continuously for 10 seconds, you should use exactly 1 lbs of nitrous.

Flow the plate and report back. If you're only using 1 lbs for your .062N, something is off somewhere.

toomnymods

Established Member
What he said. Also, make sure you have nitrous in the bottle. Once they get below ~30% capacity, they will lose effectiveness. We tune and flow everything on 1050 psi. One more thing, why are you pulling out ~10 degrees of timing for 150 shot? Should only need 3-4 degrees if that on E85.

Thanks,
Garrett

lol i told him the same thing on facebook i guess he dont believe me, ive ran probably well over 75 10lb bottles thru my old truck, never hurt anything pulling 3 degrees on 150shot.

weemon2k2

Established Member
It's not like I can change anything man. Mike Rousch locks his tunes. I find it hard to believe that pulling 3.5 degrees more than recommended on premium pump gas is going to lower my torque gain to a miserable 65 ft lbs. Most of the coyotes I've seen gain 150+ ft lbs on 93 octane with a 150 shot.

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
It's not like I can change anything man. Mike Rousch locks his tunes. I find it hard to believe that pulling 3.5 degrees more than recommended on premium pump gas is going to lower my torque gain to a miserable 65 ft lbs. Most of the coyotes I've seen gain 150+ ft lbs on 93 octane with a 150 shot.

Correct. If the kit is flowing what it is supposed to be, the car will make power whether you want it to or not. You need to flow test it and report back.

NitrousExpress

Established Member
Correct. If the kit is flowing what it is supposed to be, the car will make power whether you want it to or not. You need to flow test it and report back.

Definitely the next step in the equation. I'm betting on a kinked line or something caught up in the filter. On 150, it should be using 1.2lb at least over 10 seconds.

Thanks,
Garrett

weemon2k2

Established Member
Found some debris in the nipple that goes to the plate. Not sure if that would be enough to cause problems. I'm going to pick up a digital scale this weekend so I can do the flow test and see if there are other restrictions

http://imgur.com/vYixfsa

justinsstang

Established Member
Isn't nitrous more of a pain in the butt than it's worth? I mean don't you have to check your plugs after every few passes, and it's way harder on the motor than typical boost, etc?

Users who are viewing this thread