Nitrous controllers on Coyotes

nonliberal

Established Member
I am looking to put a progressive controller on my 2013 GT mostly since it doesn't cost a lot more than buying the window switch and TPS switch separately. What unit do you guys recommend? I was looking at the NOS mini for one, Do I need any kind of adapters to get is to work with the Coyotes TPS or ignition system?

DTL

Established Member
I've used the NOS Launcher for a while and like it a lot. It's a bit more money, but it's a great controller.

scholle

Established Member
I like JMS, I've had good luck with them in the past.
http://www.jmschip.com/jms-progressive-nitrous-controller/ I havent used this but I like the features.

I have used systems and parts from WON. http://www.noswizard.com/
Very nice and never had a solinoid fail. I used to kill most popular brands because of the pulsing a progressive controller causes. I also ran methanol as the fuel on drag bikes and never damaged any of the nitrous or fuel sytstem parts as a result but I did keep them flushed.

debit_free_2010

Established Member
I'm using A Daytona NC2. It's a 2 stage progressive controller that you will need a laptop to program.

It's fairly simple to install and use, Just run 12v switched power/ground , an arming signal and your nitrous stage/grounds to the NC2.

It uses a 0-5v TPS signal, You tap off the TPS hi side wire and set the TPS voltage in the software, Your 'zero' TPS voltage is close to 1.3v and 4.5v WOT which you will see on the NC2 Real Time Display. For the tach signal I used a MSD GMR to pick a signal off an injector wire.

The NC2 will data log 2 A/F sensors and a few other parameters where others don't data log anything.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
I used MAXIMIZER 3 PROGRESSIVE CONTROLLER they now have a version 4 out.

Used it with my single fogger kit, and my direct port kit. Tapped directly into the injector for a signal, did not need an RPM adapter like some other brands, and it uses a very easy to use software vis USB.

90coupe5oh

Established Member
I used the NOS Mini on my car for months, works very good for a simple set up. Unless your getting really serious with the car I would recommend the mini, I've used all the controllers mentioned in this thread. No adapters needed for the mini at all.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
We like to use the NX Maximizer 4. It is very easy to install and the directions are broken down barney style.

nonliberal

Established Member
We like to use the NX Maximizer 4. It is very easy to install and the directions are broken down barney style.
Glad you brought that up Steve. That one was the first one I went toward, but I read some reviews saying it wasn't compatible with Windows 7-8 or any of the more up to date Operating systems and people were having to get old laptops to run them. Is that true? Seems odd to come out with a new product requiring an outdated OS. Can you confirm or deny since I have zero first hand knowledge.

DTL

Established Member
The Launcher has 2 inputs and 2 outputs that you can set up in the software for anything you want. It can do TPS on either rising voltage or falling voltage. It's a pretty neat setup.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
i was setting one up locally with a windows 7 computer a couple weeks ago. The issue that people are seeing is the computer drivers in general. It's like SCT with VISTA or Windows 8. Its very rare from what I've seen though to not work.

Our C/M car has the 4 in it and Chris's laptop is a Windows 7. No issues with communications or anything.

Your in good hands with NX!

NitrousExpress

Established Member
The Maximizer 4 has a built in window switch and tps, as well as AFR correction capabilities, you can hook your wideband up to it. It is a dual stage as well and handles more amp draw than most of the other progressors, I have one on my car, and haven't had any trouble with it. Plus, we have an awesome tech line that can help you with any questions, as well as loading a tune up into the controller.

nonliberal

Established Member
Garrett do you have any screenshots of the software the max4 uses or a link to some? Wanting to see how it looks and is laid out. I'm leaning back towards it now.

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
NX 4 onboard and ready for a big shot just need to build the motor and upgrade my plate and solenoids maybe the bottle pick up tube? Very easy to install and set up. Works great if you want to play on the street or if you spray more than 125-150 hp out of the hole on 275 DR's.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread