Nitrous bug...

96Cobracomander

Established Member
Ive done the search and ive come up with that on a 96 cobra you should run a wet system and that pretty much ZEX and NX are really good brands... but i have other questions i wasn't able to have answered via search

1. Will i have to upgrade MAF?
2. Will i have to upgrade Fuel Injectors?
3. Are there any vendors that sell complete kits? i see alot of websites selling the bottle and what looks like a bunch of accessories then have another bunch of accessories sold separately... i dont like to cheap out, i want the works, window switch, gauges, bottle warmer ect ect.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Ive done the search and ive come up with that on a 96 cobra you should run a wet system and that pretty much ZEX and NX are really good brands... but i have other questions i wasn't able to have answered via search

1. Will i have to upgrade MAF?
2. Will i have to upgrade Fuel Injectors?
3. Are there any vendors that sell complete kits? i see alot of websites selling the bottle and what looks like a bunch of accessories then have another bunch of accessories sold separately... i dont like to cheap out, i want the works, window switch, gauges, bottle warmer ect ect.

I am going to say both will run great for what your doing. IMO though, NX offer's a great product. They are actually working on a Plate system for the Cobra's too which should be out soon.

If you have any questions on what you need or to get, please shoot me a call. More then happy to help. We are one of the largest NX mustang dealers too so I will put you in the right direction. :rockon:

561-417-5555

NitrousExpress

Established Member
I am going to say both will run great for what your doing. IMO though, NX offer's a great product. They are actually working on a Plate system for the Cobra's too which should be out soon.

If you have any questions on what you need or to get, please shoot me a call. More then happy to help. We are one of the largest NX mustang dealers too so I will put you in the right direction. :rockon:

561-417-5555

:rockon:

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Here is the complete NX Plate kit for the 4v. Less then a month before it's shipping

Wholesale will be $849.99 but if you shoot me a call. I can work with ya on better pricing :beer:

Sc9tt

Established Member
1. No you do not need to upgrade the MAF because the N2O will be put into the engine after the MAF. The MAF will never see that extra oxygen.
2. No fuel injectors will not need to be upgraded because of it being a wet system and already supplying the fuel for you. Although if you are spaying a large shot 150+ then I would upgrade the fuel pump.
3. There are no kits that I know of that sell everything I believe you will have to purchase it all separately to run it safely. Do not skimp on the safety hardware you will regret it down the road if you do.

Also read up on nitrous before you do anything and make sure its what you really want to do. Here is a great read with a lot of FAQs

Nitrous install, pics, Q's &A's, and Info

Users who are viewing this thread