Nitrous 500rwhp Z06 VS. 500rwhp Apten Cobra

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Originally posted by Tw!tchb!tch
my car stock with a 125 dry shot layed out 440 rwhp / 560 rwtq . . . over 100 ft lbs more than you and your way heavier . . . . and the equivelant of a brick in the wind at any kind of speed :??:

Your car probably made like 300tq at the wheels stock right? So just by a 125 shot it made 560... 260tq gain on a 125 shot?? eaither your not stock, or sprayin more then a 125

Tw!tchb!tch

Established Member
330 / 340 with the fipk and asp pulley , never dynoed it stone cold stock. . . my race weight is 3585 with a half tank of fuel and me in the car. My buddies hard top ss is 3480 with him in it and about a half tank. whats yours ??

I have a buddie with a pullied and tuned 04 with an fipk putting down 450 / 450 and its a sweet ass ride . . . so Im not here to argue. If his car is healthy on a 125 shot he will drag you down the track .

Last edited:

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Well 330/340 is dam good for two mods... Most i see dyno 290 stock... My race weight is 3700.. I just want to know how you got over 220tq gain with only a 125 shot? He ran [email protected] with a 2.2 stock... So i say its healthy, but he still needs more mods to walk me, he is a better driver as well

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
imo the cobra should have started in 2nd at 60 80 mph in 3rd ...lol

i gotta see the vid with john and the Z i didnt see the video yet but my cusin told me about it. good runs!!

Eatonup

Established Member
I really don't understand how a car that traps on it's absolute best day 116-117 hanging so close to a car that should trap 122-124 on it's worst day. :??: I ran a Vette with some minor bolt-ons and a 150 wet shot that pulled me by a half a car from 40-140. We raced 3 times.

Tw!tchb!tch

Established Member
Originally posted by o3SnakeBite
Well 330/340 is dam good for two mods... Most i see dyno 290 stock... My race weight is 3700.. I just want to know how you got over 220tq gain with only a 125 shot? He ran [email protected] with a 2.2 stock... So i say its healthy, but he still needs more mods to walk me, he is a better driver as well

3700 is not bad at all , my buddies is 3900 but he weighs quite a bit more than me and I have ripped out my spare tire and jack.

If you take a closer look at my numbers I actually made less than 125 rwhp . . . the big torque gains are pretty standard with the juice. Also theres a big difference between kits which may have something to do with it.

If your buddies SS is an 00 its possible hes running outa fuel with the smaller injectors . . . may be responsible for his missing torque ?? :??:

time2train

Established Member
Originally posted by Tw!tchb!tch
K not be be a jerk but I can tell you need a lil education. An ls1 on a 125 shot will absolutly wipe the floor with you period.. . .you will require a tow rope. Does he spay at 600 psi or something ?? And fwiw the SS with the slp option and the ws6 are the same car and will dyno the exact same . .. infact depending on year the ws6 could dyno higher .

fwiw my car stock with a 125 dry shot layed out 440 rwhp / 560 rwtq . . . over 100 ft lbs more than you and your way heavier . . . . and the equivelant of a brick in the wind at any kind of speed :??:

Really? Here is a race with me and a SS that had a 100 shot, that I posted on this forum a few months back. I seriously doubt any LS1 will be mopping a pulllied cobra with 125 shot. :nono:

Link

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
What kit are you running? 3700 is average for these cars in coupes. Time for skinnies and solid axle to drop me in the 3500's. His kit is NX, I though they were suppose to be the best? ALso I though his numbers were good for his mods, I mean intake, exhaust and a 150... and he has a 440/460 beast!! Good for high 11's... Thats pretty nasty. His car is an 2002 SLP, last ones they made.. on his 150 shot he put 120rwhp, and he is not putting anywhere near that amount of tq you are.. do u have your dyno you can send to me?

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
the vette is 500 lbs lighter. if the cobra was the same weight as the vette, then its different. weight does make a difference in a race. the cobra is heavy as it is, then the driver then a passanger. im not trying to make excuses, just stating facts. a corvette is a fast car and thats why you spend big bucks on it.

sure there are cars faster than my cobra and might look better, but i will always be a mustang guy at heart no matter how fast other cars might be

Tw!tchb!tch

Established Member
Originally posted by time2train
Really? Here is a race with me and a SS that had a 100 shot, that I posted on this forum a few months back. I seriously doubt any LS1 will be mopping a pulllied cobra with 125 shot. :nono:

Link

Ive seen that video before on ls1 tech , good kill .

You would still get mopped by a properly jetted ls1 on a 125 shot many hear will agree , any kid can strap on a bottle . . . doesnt mean he knows how to use it :beer:

03 snakebite , theres nothing wrong with an NX kit but he needs to spend a little time tuning his jets on a dyno. Whats his pressure at when he sprays ?? low pressure will turn a 100 shot into a 50 shot or less.

Tw!tchb!tch

Established Member
Originally posted by o3SnakeBite
His car is an 2002 SLP, last ones they made.. on his 150 shot he put 120rwhp, and he is not putting anywhere near that amount of tq you are.. do u have your dyno you can send to me?

WOW somethings definatly wrong . Ill dig up my graphs and try to take a digital pic of it for you. Can you post your email .

Get your buddie with the SS on here maybe I can help him out . An NX wet 150 shot should lay down 150 at the wheels and way more rwtq. I have a feeling his bottle pressure is low causing his A/f to be messed up bigtime ( cause the fuel jets are still set up for the higher pressure )

MTI LS1

Im sorry but that Cobra should have spanked that Z06 on the first run. From 40 to 140 my friends bone stock Z06 pulled 2 cars on me when I was only running exhaust and intake. And he is a very good driver. The second race is dead on. Any Z06 on the bottle is gonna stomp a pullied Cobra, theres nothing that we can do about it except get nitrous also. Ill post a run of me vs. my buddies Z06 now that I am pullied.

Dominick32

BANNED
Originally posted by BigZach
Im sorry but that Cobra should have spanked that Z06 on the first run. From 40 to 140 my friends bone stock Z06 pulled 2 cars on me when I was only running exhaust and intake. And he is a very good driver. The second race is dead on. Any Z06 on the bottle is gonna stomp a pullied Cobra, theres nothing that we can do about it except get nitrous also. Ill post a run of me vs. my buddies Z06 now that I am pullied.

I was the cameraman and in the passenger seat of the cobra.
I dont want to talk about anyones driving skills and shifting technique but will point out to you that the driving had a lot to do with the cobras not so decent performance in this video.

The driver of the yellow Z06, Zee, Is an excellent shifter. At the speed he shifts it is almost like a powershift.

Every time the cobra shifts gears in the N/A run you can see the vette creep up a few inches and then lose them when the cobra picks up some RPM.

Learning to drive an 03 cobra can be a difficult task guys.

I have seen stock cobras go 12.5 and I have seen Kenne Bell Blower cobras going no faster than 12.1.

In the 2003 cobra terminator it comes down to one thing: The driver.

Dom

MTI LS1

You're right, these cars are very difficult to drive for someone with little experience. Even shifting these cars fast, seems like you're shifting slow compared to other cars. It just seems even with a TERRIBLE driver, a pullied 03 would be able to get a car on a stock Z06 at the very least.

Dominick32

BANNED
Originally posted by BigZach
You're right, these cars are very difficult to drive for someone with little experience. Even shifting these cars fast, seems like you're shifting slow compared to other cars. It just seems even with a TERRIBLE driver, a pullied 03 would be able to get a car on a stock Z06 at the very least.

Believe me man.
I was shocked myself.
I thought Zee lied to us and kept the spray going for a shot or two.

I even checked the bottle after the race.
I dont know what to tell you. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread