Nitrous 500rwhp Z06 VS. 500rwhp Apten Cobra

jasil

Established Member
Well, great race!! I'm very happy it was put on video, so many people talke crap about spanking Vettes etc etc. This finally shows that a Z06 with a catback and 100 wet kit will annihilate a pullied cobra.

I know a ago with the same mods except add a offroad pipe and he runs 11.1@126mph.

For people that say weight doesn't matter why does it take 600+rwhp for cobras to hit 130mph in the 1/4?

Great video keep em coming.

jleews6

Established Member
I like my Cobra but im glad that someone with a Z got to show what they run like with a good driver. I have a friend that has an 03 Z06 and its bone stock and my cobra runs 119 and he can hang right with me.
Hell my wifes WS6 is almost stock and with the TNT 125 on it it would mop up my cobra like nothing. Sorry guys but its true.:shrug:

CraZeeSTanG

Established Member
I am going to race my friend John (Venomous03cobra) next.
He has the same mods plus a 30shot. He ran 10.99 at 128.5. He can really drive his ass off too. That should be a real close one.

Zee Juiced ZO6

VS

John Apten/Juiced Cobra

COMING SOOON.....

ModsAway

Established Member
Wow. If that vette truly only had 360rwhp then that was an absolute disgrace.

I was expecting the 500rwhp cobra to walk away... 500 pounds i know but come on. 500 pounds does not equate to 140rwhp.

Was this at least somewhat equatable to a worse driver in the cobra?

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Originally posted by ModsAway
Wow. If that vette truly only had 360rwhp then that was an absolute disgrace.

I was expecting the 500rwhp cobra to walk away... 500 pounds i know but come on. 500 pounds does not equate to 140rwhp.

Was this at least somewhat equatable to a worse driver in the cobra?
Add the weight of the camera man in as well. I know what you're saying though. I beat a 385rwhp ZO6 at the drag strip, and I only have 445rwhp.:shrug:

CraZeeSTanG

Established Member
I had a passenger too.

I think I know why I stuck around on my N/A run. I think he was in 3rd and I had her up on the TOP of 2nd. It was a 55mph roll on. I also seems like I shifted a little better. Each time I shifted I gained a little back but still got overpowered.

The n20 run was 60mph 3rd gear roll on for both of us.:beer:

Ryan00TJ

Established Member
The driver of the Cobra could be faster on his shifts and I think that's why the outcome was so close. The Cobra is definately the more powerful car when the Z is running N/A. Pretty much the Z's driver knows how to drive his car. I've seen so many older gents only shifting their Z06's at 5800-6000rpms and not the 6500rpm sweet spot. Powerhifting a stock Z06 at 6500 makes it a very fast car.

CraZeeSTanG

Established Member
Originally posted by Ryan00TJ
The driver of the Cobra could be faster on his shifts and I think that's why the outcome was so close. The Cobra is definately the more powerful car when the Z is running N/A. Pretty much the Z's driver knows how to drive his car. I've seen so many older gents only shifting their Z06's at 5800-6000rpms and not the 6500rpm sweet spot. Powerhifting a stock Z06 at 6500 makes it a very fast car.

Powershifting does help alot!
But I didnt do that. Since the nitrous has been on I have stopped powershifting. I am still on stock clutch. I SHIFT FAST but I dont powershift.

I am not saying you said I powershifted. I just wanted to clear that up for the guys..

Ryan00TJ

Established Member
Ohh yeah I wasn't saying your were powershifting but it does help a little. I've also stopped this practice as the shift forks in the T56 are not strong and won't take it for long. I've found that making fast clean shifts will be just as quick most of the time. I'm also on my stock LS6 clutch and it's starting to not like me much at this power level. Awesome runs BTW!!!!!!

BluePastU

Established Member
Everyone talks about the weight, but forgets two things that the Z06 also dominates in :

1) The Z06 is a HELLUVA lot more aerodynamic than the brick wall AKA 03 Cobra's. This ESPECIALLY comes into play during races that go from a roll because the spped that the races are run usually run to a higher RPM and the cars experience much more wind resistance/drag.

2) I hear that the gearing of the Corvettes is also a lot better, they may use the same transmission (Tremec 56) but from what I understand the gearing of the Z06 is superior.

Now I will resume looking at my neighbor's cat rolling around on my lawn....cute little booger. LoL

Last edited:

Ryan00TJ

Established Member
Aerodynamics do play a part and the Z06 does have better gearing. The Z06 uses the M12 6 speed tranny with more aggressive gear ratios than the standard T56. It's rearend has 3.42 gears but combined with the M12 transmission feels close to 4.10s.

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Originally posted by jleews6
Hell my wifes WS6 is almost stock and with the TNT 125 on it it would mop up my cobra like nothing. Sorry guys but its true.:shrug:

Cause you have a stock pulley.. slap on a 2.93-2.80 and it wont wax you anymore. My buddy has a 02 SS SLP which is rated at 345 stock.. more hp then the Ws6 is rated at.... He has lid, k&N, Ypipe and a 150 shot, dynos at 440/460 at the wheels and we are even, but from what your saying a 125 shot will mop a cobra??? Doubt it

Last edited:

Tw!tchb!tch

Established Member
Originally posted by o3SnakeBite
Sorry but you must be a bad driver or something.. my buddy has a 02 SS SLP which is rated at 345 stock more then the Ws6 is rated at.... He has lid, k&N, Ypipe and a 150 shot, dynos at 440/460 at the wheels and i can still beat him, not by much, but from what your saying a 125 shot will mop a cobra??? Doubt it

K not be be a jerk but I can tell you need a lil education. An ls1 on a 125 shot will absolutly wipe the floor with you period.. . .you will require a tow rope. Does he spay at 600 psi or something ?? And fwiw the SS with the slp option and the ws6 are the same car and will dyno the exact same . .. infact depending on year the ws6 could dyno higher .

fwiw my car stock with a 125 dry shot layed out 440 rwhp / 560 rwtq . . . over 100 ft lbs more than you and your way heavier . . . . and the equivelant of a brick in the wind at any kind of speed :??:

Last edited:

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Maybe a stock pulley cobra, most pullied cobra trap in the 120 range.. So i dont see any T/A " Mopping" a cobra.. I have a buddy with a 99 ram air full exhaust, intake, 4.10's 100 shot, and he loses to me and my buddies SS all day long... The SS has less mods then the TA but still works it

CraZeeSTanG

Established Member
Originally posted by o3SnakeBite
Sorry but you must be a bad driver or something.. my buddy has a 02 SS SLP which is rated at 345 stock more then the Ws6 is rated at.... He has lid, k&N, Ypipe and a 150 shot, dynos at 440/460 at the wheels and i can still beat him, not by much, but from what your saying a 125 shot will mop a cobra??? Doubt it

If he only makes 460rwtq on a 150shot something is wrong with that car.

Users who are viewing this thread