Nissan GT-R vs Corvette Z06 C6 C5

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
Vid actually doesnt prove a thing. I've seen miatas with bad ass drivers overtaking vettes, vipers, porsches...

I'm a big fan of the GTR. But this vid, of some guy being waved by, doesnt prove its track prowess, not that it needs to prove anything, it already has.

Blownsob

Blown Member
Established Member
Vid actually doesnt prove a thing. I've seen miatas with bad ass drivers overtaking vettes, vipers, porsches...

I'm a big fan of the GTR. But this vid, of some guy being waved by, doesnt prove its track prowess, not that it needs to prove anything, it already has.

Your right. The car has proven what kind of transmission Nissan gives you for $90k and that an American Sports car for $10-20k less can do just as much in the corners and even more in the straights.

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
I passed a Cobra today on the highway.... my cutlass must be the be all end all of cars.
Well if I thought like 25psi that would be the case.

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
Your right. The car has proven what kind of transmission Nissan gives you for $90k and that an American Sports car for $10-20k less can do just as much in the corners and even more in the straights.

Dems fightin words!!!!:kaboom:

Some people need to stop drinkin the haterade.

Blownsob

Blown Member
Established Member
Lol... No hating here.. Just can't seem to figure out why people think the GTR is all that great. I think money could be better spent but that is just my opinion.

25psi

Established Member
I passed a Cobra today on the highway.... my cutlass must be the be all end all of cars.
Well if I thought like 25psi that would be the case.

Didn't I own you in your own thread about me little man? Please....I'm giving you a warning :banana:

Toodles,

youlose

Established Member
I recently sold my 03 Cobra to get a C6 Z06. I have an aquaintance that apparently is considering selling his Viper for a GTR. I will get some video and show you the difference a driver can make......

Last edited:

supercarkiller

griggsg40svt
Established Member
mods can we pretty please move this too smack down. someone will end up getting a vacation over this one!! here we go!

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
If anyone actually thinks a 480hp ~3800# AWD car can beat (equal drivers) a 505hp ~3100# car on any non-autocross course, you must have been sleeping during physics class.

Nissan got caught red handed inflating their numbers, so the GTR's claims are all b.s. to me.

Do you have anymore detail on Nissan inflating the GTR's numbers?

mustangbee

Established Member
judging by our logic 25psi, looks like the C5 Z was in the lead of those two Z vettes at the end, that MUST mean.....

C5Z > C6Z.

i always wondered about that matchup, this vid clears it up, thks

Fenah

Crazy Greek Man
Established Member
lolwut.gif
dance_bandwagon.gif
GTR NUT SWINGERS=DO NOT WANT.

Moparkidd

can i get a check 1,2 uhh
Established Member
Didn't I own you in your own thread about me little man? Please....I'm giving you a warning :banana:

Toodles,

:lol::lol: you dont even own a car how could you own somebody?

...again? still swinging on the gtr nuts i see. i thought we had ignored you long enough you dissapeared...still no car? thought so. :bored:

25psi

Established Member
:lol::lol: you dont even own a car how could you own somebody?

...again? I'm still swinging on your nuts i see. i thought we had ignored you long enough you dissapeared...still no car? thought so. :bored:

I'm to poor to own a vehicle.

Next time, keep your personal fantasies to yourself.

Toodles,

mr2cam

Established Member
x2 so true..lmao

I am not a huge fan of the GTR, but I do think that these cars were built for the road coarses and not the drag strip. The trannies being broken were used with VDC off and there is only so much a car with AWD car with a brand new tranny can take, give the car some time, I am hoping they come out with a lighter, more powerful version with a getrag 6 speed (similar to the one in the R34's). If not then I will still continue to say that this car was built to go around a track fast and that is it.

Users who are viewing this thread