Nice and mellow exhaust combo for 5.0

QTR

STAGE 3
Established Member
So here's the deal. My car has the Roush mufflers and I don't like how loud they are.
I wanna put an X/H pipe combo with different mufflers and I want the sound to be lower than the Roush.

Is that possible?

I like the Off road X pipe with Bassani race axleback. I haven't heard it in person but from the vids I like it.

What do you guys suggest?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Bluebolt

Hold my beer n watch this
Established Member
Offroad x and bassani will be louder than roush. If you want tame an offroad x or h isn't the answer. Gt500 axle back is what you're looking for. As much as I hate to say that cause everyone is goin to say the samething. But if just the roush ab is to loud that's your best bet. Or try magnaflow street series. I had them for a little while. Changed the tone but not much louder.

SaleenGT2001

Established Member
the roush is the loudest axle back i have heard. almost anything will be more mellow than that!!!
i have an O/R H and Kooks axle back and it is not annoyingly loud, just a good smooth tone

QTR

STAGE 3
Established Member
Offload x with borla touring. Sounds great.

Any vids ?

offroad pipe + Gt500 mufflers = sex!

I originally wanted that combo but couldn't find a vid to convince me.

Offroad x and bassani will be louder than roush. If you want tame an offroad x or h isn't the answer. Gt500 axle back is what you're looking for. As much as I hate to say that cause everyone is goin to say the samething. But if just the roush ab is to loud that's your best bet. Or try magnaflow street series. I had them for a little while. Changed the tone but not much louder.

I knew that. It sounded tamer in the vids. The issue is that I want the added benefit of the off road pipe since I have a Roushcharged car. The Gt500 by themselves sound beautiful.

the roush is the loudest axle back i have heard. almost anything will be more mellow than that!!!
i have an O/R H and Kooks axle back and it is not annoyingly loud, just a good smooth tone

A vid would be great. Does it drone much?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

ryan.garcia2733

Established Member
I also have off road x pipe and kooks axle backs, sounds amazing cruising around but can get loud at wide open throttle which I love. I get absolutely no drone. From videos though the best sounding exhaust I have heard is catted x pipe and corsa xtremes. I'll try to post a video of my set up but check out the corsas with high flow catted x pipe.

Jon Lund 93 Race Tune with Ghost Cams - YouTube

He does have the ghost cam tune but its the most amazing sounding 5.0 I've ever heard in my life. If anyone wants to trade their corsa xtreme axle backs for kooks let me know.

SCMOKN

Established Member
I'm running cats,Bassani x-pipe, resinator deletes, and Magnaflow axle backs.
It's aggressive without being abnoxious.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Offroad X, 3 inch Bullets as resonators, GT500s.

[youtube_browser]skJamBc7ssw[/youtube_browser]

You can also see tons and tons and tons of my exhaust experiments on my YouTube page. I have plenty. This is a good combo that is not obnoxious, but will definitely let you know you have an aftermarket exhaust system.

Mike

terminal5

Established Member
Anybody try the Flowmaster Force IIs? They are supposed to be quieter than the GT500s while potentially flowing better. Could be the ticket for a stealthy blower car without cats?

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Anybody try the Flowmaster Force IIs? They are supposed to be quieter than the GT500s while potentially flowing better. Could be the ticket for a stealthy blower car without cats?

I have been seriously kicking around the idea of trying them........

Mike

terminal5

Established Member
I have been seriously kicking around the idea of trying them........

Mike

I know that. I was actually hoping you'd grab the bait!

Really appreciate all your exhaust testing efforts. But still I'm surprised no one has tried the Force II's yet. At least I haven't been able to find any vids/sound clips.

If these truely flow more and are quieter, I'm in. I'm just not crazy about the double walled embossed tips and the black (soon to be rusty) 409SS bodies.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I know that. I was actually hoping you'd grab the bait!

Really appreciate all your exhaust testing efforts. But still I'm surprised no one has tried the Force II's yet. At least I haven't been able to find any vids/sound clips.

If these truely flow more and are quieter, I'm in. I'm just not crazy about the double walled embossed tips and the black (soon to be rusty) 409SS bodies.

LOL. I may give them a shot in the next couple of months. I do really like the GT500s, but they are still a tad loud. I liked the sound level with the stockers and the O/R X, but not the actual sound. I used to love loud, but I guess I have mellowed...because now I seek out a good, but mild, tone. We will see.

Mike

drewzx3

Established Member
LOL. I may give them a shot in the next couple of months. I do really like the GT500s, but they are still a tad loud. I liked the sound level with the stockers and the O/R X, but not the actual sound. I used to love loud, but I guess I have mellowed...because now I seek out a good, but mild, tone. We will see.

Mike

If you do it I want to hear it. Also I may want the gt500's.

Users who are viewing this thread