NHRA Legal to 10.00 or 135mph bolt in rollbar

serickson1

sericksonGT500
Established Member
Just wondering what everybody is doing for a roll bar when running quicker than 11.50? It dosen't take much in the way of mods to get kicked off the track. I'm running 10.60's @ 133 with factory blower and bolt ons. I had local chassis shop (guy builds top alcohol funny cars) build a 5-point, chrome moly one piece BOLT IN roll bar that meets NHRA standards, it turned out super sic and keeps stock seats fully functional with the curved back bar. Is there much interest out there for a high quality bar? Cost is about $2000.00. Check out the pics and let me know what you think?

http://img692.imageshack.us/i/img1729d.jpg/
http://img444.imageshack.us/i/img1716.jpg/
http://img710.imageshack.us/i/img1676r.jpg/
http://img84.imageshack.us/i/img1726f.jpg/

Last edited:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I went with a 6pt NHRA legal roll bar that is welded in, and built to my height. I dont have swing outs, but I may take the car back to have them installed.

Kostas

Established Member
Yeah post some pics, and tell us some more about your mods. 10.6 @133 is great times for stock blower.

serickson1

sericksonGT500
Established Member
Sorry guys, this is my first post that needed a pic. They are on my harddrive not a network and I couldn't figure out how to upload. Can someone help me out? I can also email them if interested.

The bar is a 5-point, with a removable, swing out door bar on the driver's side. I only put it in when I'm racing, so it has very little impact on the interior. I chose to go with nothing on the passenger side to make it easy for riders. (keeps the wife happy) :) NHRA only requires a 5-point.

Mods to the car: ported blower, 2.2 pulley, ported elbow, CJTB, C&L intake, long tubes, 4.10 gears, AFCO intercooler, bogarts, slicks and skinnys, makes 18lbs of boost, BMR stuff: K-member, A-arms, swaybar delete, sub-frame connectors, anti-rollbar. AIS methanol injection all hp #'s and et #'s on pump gas

Last edited:

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
you need to host the pics on a service like photobucket, imageshack or flicker. Then you can have them linked in a post.

svt1111

Established Member
That is a sweet sounding set if mods for your car with a stock blower, and great driving for the ET!

kent1

Established Member
Some of the best times I have seem for a stock blower. Outstanding job! The roll bar looks cool in the car. Your MPH in the quarter mile at 135 is very impressive. How much ET did you cut off with the bogard wheels and tires on your car if you don't mind please?

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
looks decent, but I'd have to say seems pricey for what it is.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Seems about the same price as the one from evo that is weld in although theirs is a 6 point. They are both chrome moly, not mild steel, which raises the cost. Seems reasonable.

Last edited:

serickson1

sericksonGT500
Established Member
Thanks for the input, the bogarts and slicks cut about 3 tenths compared to stock wheels and M/T drag radials. I launch at 3000 rpms with the slicks at 10psi.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Still a little pricey but it works. We build our own roll-bars and cages so everything seems pricey to me. We have less then 750$ for a 8.50 certified chromemoly cage. 250$ for a six point mild steel. Granted don't have swing outs but that would only add another 100$ for the fancy latch. It's a lot of sweat, measuring, bending, and patients. What your paying the most for is the labor not material.

What's important is that it's legal. Although test and tune they don't look real hard other then after the run just to see a bar. I swear some could get away with PVC look alike at some tracks lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread