Ngk tr6ix gapping

Frankycheechoo

Established Member
I recently swapped out my tr6 copper gapped .32 to tr6ix because I was getting a little stumble and misfire and heard that the iridium would help solve that problem. I’m still getting a little misfire at idle and car wants to stall when I’m like parking unless I’m revving it to pull out or or back up . I gapped these also at .32 .
2.76 upper , CAI , catback and catted X .
Any thoughts if I should gap up or maybe .30
Any advice would help .
I haven’t really ran them hard yet .

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

Established Member
That sounds more like a tune issue than spark gap. Issues with gap usually show up at WOT. Not at idle.

I ran TR6's at .032" when I had the 2.8" upper. Never had an issue once the tune was ironed out.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I recently swapped out my tr6 copper gapped .32 to tr6ix because I was getting a little stumble and misfire and heard that the iridium would help solve that problem. I’m still getting a little misfire at idle and car wants to stall when I’m like parking unless I’m revving it to pull out or or back up . I gapped these also at .32 .
2.76 upper , CAI , catback and catted X .
Any thoughts if I should gap up or maybe .30
Any advice would help .
I haven’t really ran them hard yet .

Is the car fully warmed up when you get the rough idle? How did the old plugs look? How old are the COP?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
.032 should be good for up to 15 lbs. of boost. Higher boost, .028. You could try .030, but what you’re describing does sound more like a tune issue. You should data-log if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Frankycheechoo

Established Member
Is the car fully warmed up when you get the rough idle? How did the old plugs look? How old are the COP?

Yea the car was warmed up and it’s pretty hot and humid here for the last couple weeks . The old plugs I pulled were ok just a little pink for some octane boost I change the plugs every year after a oil change .

Frankycheechoo

Established Member
.032 should be good for up to 15 lbs. of boost. Higher boost, .028. You could try .030, but what you’re describing does sound more like a tune issue. You should data-log if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

I don’t have a wide band installed yet but I do have aeroforce interceptor gage which shows everything it A/f is there anything I should look for on the gage ?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Yea the car was warmed up and it’s pretty hot and humid here for the last couple weeks . The old plugs I pulled were ok just a little pink for some octane boost I change the plugs every year after a oil change .

Sounds like you may need to data log. Cold be a tune issue. What octane are you running and does it sit for long periods of time?

hotcobra03

Established Member
You didn't answer about coils ..(cop)

These have been known to get weak and cause issues with no codes,,

I was a victim of them causing a jerk.

I noticed after new installed..

Any stall issue or rough idle was also gone,,

Ford did have a tsb to reflash pcm for a stall issue on stock.

For me ,,being coils were expensive

I found a member close bye who had a good set to test before throwing them in ,for if they weren't my issue.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
If this problem just started out of nowhere, I'd be surprised if it's the tune

Users who are viewing this thread