NGK BR7EF's

Zacharyx

Established Member
used them for about 4 years now, no issues, going back to tr6 for daily driving without spray since the non-projected tips seem to foul a quicker when not beat on ( I know I should just beat on the car more LOL )

I put them in anything mod motor running over 10# of boost

Zacharyx

Established Member
Surprisingly I had tr7ix and they weren't working for me. Using stock 03-04 cobra plugs and they are great.

actual motorcraft or NGK equivalent (tr6)?

I did iridium, copper and platinum a few years back while on the dyno and the copper made more power each time ( only 5-6 hp ) but it was repeatable so I have run copper in everything since then, and lean toward NGK since they are easier to read than Autolites

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
actual motorcraft or NGK equivalent (tr6)?

I did iridium, copper and platinum a few years back while on the dyno and the copper made more power each time ( only 5-6 hp ) but it was repeatable so I have run copper in everything since then, and lean toward NGK since they are easier to read than Autolites

Motorcraft plugs. They made two different plug types for the 03-04 cobra. I am running the hotter version.

itSSlow98

Established Member
Im running BR7s gapped at .32 and the idle leaves a lot to be desired but the car likes them in boost so I live with it.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
Im running BR7s gapped at .32 and the idle leaves a lot to be desired but the car likes them in boost so I live with it.

If you have having idle issues that is in the tune and it might need to be adjusted. I run those plugs with 160lb injectors and a big turbo and my car idles like stock.

SSeatr

Established Member
running them here, out of the box works great for WOT pulls but had to open gap a tiny bit more to get it to behave a little better down low. for me anyway

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
If you have having idle issues that is in the tune and it might need to be adjusted. I run those plugs with 160lb injectors and a big turbo and my car idles like stock.

That's because your in Texas. The plugs are colder than stock and up here it's just starting to get warm. since its colder, at idle they tend to foul since the cylinders arent getting as hot as yours. It is what it is, really nothing to do about it.

Last edited:

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
I never had an issue with the BR7EFs fouling in cold weather running. Always a perfect idle. It has to be a tune issue if you are seeing idle problems causing a plug to foul.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
That's because your in Texas. The plugs are colder than stock and up here it's just starting to get warm. since its colder, at idle they tend to foul since the cylinders arent getting as hot as yours. It is what it is, really nothing to do about it.

I don't know about that because here in winter time I can run my car with it being upper 20's low 30's out side and it still idles great. Like I said that is in the tune and not the plugs. I tuned my own car and played with the idle a lot. You got to play with cold start etc. and you can't do that with the car already warm. It takes time because the car has to be cold while doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread