NFSU2 video of 05 stang in action

Tims03GT

Established Member
FordMustangLove said:
i have every option for the 05,but even with 500+hp i caint get up to 150+ quick enough.....i want my 0-60 to be about 1.5secs or less..i have no idea how to get it that low.
Don't know if you've tried this, tune your car's nitrous for drag races, pull the little ball all the way to the left to the power side. Do a test run and right as you shift to second spray and that should get ur 0-60 time down. ;-)

wldtang

Banned
I have the 05 and my fifth gear sucks ass. Its like the car just bogs down.
The 05 with complete exhaust and a cam sounds sick as hell. Very nice cam lope at idle. I love to terrorize the rices on the street with it.

umustdv8

Established Member
Sinultros said:
Wow, that was rather entertaining. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing more. :)

I agree. I don't have PS2, but that was cool! Let's see more!

umustdv8

Established Member
xilix said:
It's for PC too..

Really?... Hmmm... maybe I'll look into this game. That looked fun. You use a stearing wheel and pedals or just a controller?

rdvenom99

Established Member
Rustang Cobra said:
im curious...how do you record whats on your screen?
afro said:
what did you use to record?? fraps?
Yeah I use a registered version of FRAPS.

umustdv8 said:
That looked fun. You use a stearing wheel and pedals or just a controller?
The game is very fun and if your PC is capable it blows away the console versions. I use a microsoft sidewinder gamepad to play. Bet it would be amazing with a force feedback steering wheel though.

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
Is there a gen 2 lightning in that game? I know there's gonna be one in GT4, but how bout in this game? Hell, I heard there are SUV's...

xilix

Too Stock
Established Member
There is a Lincon Navigator, that's it. I use a cordless Logitech Wingman gamepad for all of my racing games. I was going to buy a nice force feedback wheel and some pedals, but other expenses have priority right now.

Has anyone seen a pedal setup that has 3 pedals? All of my favorite sims have clutch control, and I'd feel naked without it.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
pwnt04 said:
You probably won't be able to without the unique upgrades. The Mustang and the GTO are slow in that game for some reason. Use the 240SX with every upgrade. It's the fastest straight line car in the game with all the upgrades.

what 1/4 mile time do u get with the 240 al don eup? i went 7.68 in one car...all the rest i cant break 7's...

Mach170

evangelist
Established Member
xilix said:
There is a Lincon Navigator, that's it. I use a cordless Logitech Wingman gamepad for all of my racing games. I was going to buy a nice force feedback wheel and some pedals, but other expenses have priority right now.

Has anyone seen a pedal setup that has 3 pedals? All of my favorite sims have clutch control, and I'd feel naked without it.

I have the logitech force feed back wheel, it is awsome. I really like it I want to get the new one that has 900 degree turning radias also. I have made a few vids but no way to post them because noone will host them for me :shrug: . Someone please help, they are worth hosting trust me I have sent a couple of the vids to people on AIM and they want more lol. The car you guys will see is my 05 GT that runs 9.70's without NOS and I don't have NOS on it but it is turbo :-D. Best time with the NOS is like a 8.0 something.

Mach170

evangelist
Established Member
rdvenom99 said:
Yeah I use a registered version of FRAPS.

The game is very fun and if your PC is capable it blows away the console versions. I use a microsoft sidewinder gamepad to play. Bet it would be amazing with a force feedback steering wheel though.

Yep feels liek a real car, they simulated the sterring feel pretty good :thumbsup:

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Ok, I finally picked up the game. My impressions:

If you're looking for realism in car dynamics and handling, then forget this game. The cars don't handle like real cars. It's more "arcadeish" and can take a while to get used to, especially if you've played games like "Flatout", or the older "NFS: Porsche Unleashed". It can be very frustrating at first, especially in the "drifting" competitions, since the cars don't slide like you'd expect them to.

Also, if you're using a steering wheel as your controller, there is no way to adjust certain settings, such as sensitivity and dead zone. This is a real bad thing IMO. The "default" settings, which are unchangeable, are not very good. The steering is not sensitive enough and there is a HUGE dead zone. You must turn the wheel almost halfway to its limit before the car will make even the slightest turn.

Also, the force feedback doesn't work at all, and I have a pretty standard controller (Logitech MOMO). Force feedback works for me in all other games, so there is something definitely wrong with NFSU2. I think NFS Porsche Unleashed was the last NFS game where the force feedback worked correctly. This is just sloppy programming and quality control IMO.

The graphics really aren't that good. At first, they look pretty flashy because of all the night time glow effects, but if you look closely, they're not so good. This is probably due to the fact that this game is a console port. All other recent racing games made specifically for the PC are light years ahead in the graphics dept.

The sound is excellent. Not sure how they got the cars to sound so real, but they did a very good job.

The game makes up a bit for all its shortcomings with some of the game play. There is a little storyline to follow and goals to complete. It's a cross between a role playing game and a racing game. Great idea. They also have some cool features like the ability to modify your car, tune it, and dyno it.

One thing you notice right away when you start playing, is that Need For Speed Underground 2 is specifically geared toward the ricer crowd. It's got all the basic ricer elements in it, such as the use of heavy Ebonics, crime (like breaking into racetracks at night), bad attitudes, references to "import" magazines, and of course ultra riced-out cars. It's almost impossible to understand what the characters are saying in the game because of the Ebonics. It's annoying at first, but you get used to it.

Unfortunately, most of the cars you get to drive are all imports. Yes, there is supposedly a new GTO and Mustang in there somewhere, but I haven't seen them yet and I've been playing for many hours.

TRXboy

Established Member
I beat the game like two weeks ago, i got everything you can. Sad to say the fastest car i have seen in the 1/4 is the celica :cryying: :nonono:

The supra is nice uptop but no low end, actualy all of the non front wheel drive cars tend to have crappy low end..i have no idea how that works. Its a good game just has some perks. Like in order to advance with the style system you have to add everything thats ugly in this world to your car.

Mach170

evangelist
Established Member
I have strong Force Feed back when I play the game with my logitech forcefeedback wheel :shrug:
The fastest I can get in the 05 GT is a 8.02. You don't get the GTO and mustang till a while in the game. The only reason I really bought it was for the 05 GT but it is still a fun game to play :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread