NFL new rules...

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Riiiight. The injury to the NFL's Golden Boy of the Decade had absolutely nothing to do with this.

Yeah. I'm sure the NFL would have reacted the same way, if it was say, Jay Cutler who was injured the way Brady did. Or even worse, Kurt Warner, since his being "injury prone" would be blamed.

I'm just saying that 2 star quarterbacks injured in the exact same way probably played a role in this rule, not just Tom Brady. There have been many rules put in place to protect quarterbacks long before Tom Brady came along.
Sure the NFL does not want to see their biggest stars get hurt, what league does? The NHL has been pussifying hockey for years now.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
I'm just saying that 2 star quarterbacks injured in the exact same way probably played a role in this rule, not just Tom Brady. There have been many rules put in place to protect quarterbacks long before Tom Brady came along.
Sure the NFL does not want to see their biggest stars get hurt, what league does? The NHL has been pussifying hockey for years now.

notice hockeys fanbase has been shrinking for years now too
NFL TAKE NOTE!

cj3113

King of Controversy
Established Member
The 'Brady' Rule is pathetic. Pretty soon quarterbacks will be wearing their red practice jerseys on the field.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
everyone who wasent from Mass thought it was clean:dw:

and everyone outside of mass thought the wilfork hit on the Bills qb was dirty :dw: u can't have it both ways

the new rules suck, but what can you do, these guys are no longer just players, they're investments. you look at it as the "brady rule" , the nfl looks at it as a sb contending team being taken out before the season even got going, which means losses in ticket sales, merchandising etc.... the nfl isn't like college, its an entertainment business (key word there). profit is everything

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
the quarterback rule is bullshit so is the rule passed because of the blindsided hit with the steelers, sorry your ass shoulda been paying attention thats football. The position of quarterback has too much protection, if your knocked down and cant touch him, cant hit below the knees or above the shoulder, you have to be careful of hitting him when releasing the ball etc. as you could get a late hit.

Its bullshit and if the NFL keeps these rules up im gonna stop watching. college football is way better. NFL will be like the pro bowl where you cant hit anyone so whats the point anymore. And the brady hit was clean as can be he was on the ground going for the quarterback its not like he was aiming to take him out at the knees, biggest bullshit rule they have ever passed

Last edited:

Slug Fest

not amused
Established Member
notice hockeys fanbase has been shrinking for years now too
NFL TAKE NOTE!

My thoughts exactly.... The NHL was the first thing I thought of after I read the Brady rule. Hockey found a way to kill its core audiance...:shrug: makes no sence to me at all.. Now it looks like the NFL wants to follow suit..

PC PaiN

Established Member
i miss the days where you could damn near kill someone on the field. It made for awesome games to watch

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Whatever happened to the good old days. What a bunch of pansies.

RunningMan.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread