NFL new rules...

Slug Fest

not amused
Established Member
I hope their not going to turn it into flag football :nonono:

I missed Brady as much as anyone in New England last year,but this new rule seems a little overboard to me....

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
I mean come on ... we all missed tom last season... but football is football... and injuries happen... its part of them game... to say that a pass rusher cannot lunge towards the QB after he is knocked down is rediculous. Also they other rule that they made because of the vicious hit on Welker by the stealers last season... there doensn't need to be a rule for it... it just should have been a personal foul and 15 yards... end of story... enough with the rules.

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
LOL...brandy got hurt so you can't hit a quarterback while your on the ground. Why not just make a rule...No touching Tom Brandy. HAHA

I can see the headlines in 2020 "NFL MOVES TO TWO HAND TOUCH RULES"

LSUstang05

Established Member
For the people that are too lazy to click the link, here you go:

— The initial force of a blindside block can’t be delivered by a helmet, forearm or shoulder to an opponent’s head or neck. An illegal blindside block will bring a 15-yard penalty.

— Initial contact to the head of a defenseless receiver also will draw a 15-yard penalty.

“Our clear movement is to getting out of the striking in the head area,” Pereira said. “We’re reading about injuries that say spinal and vertebrae. We’ve got to try something.”

— On kickoffs, no blocking wedge of more than two players will be allowed. Again, it will be a 15-yard penalty.

— Also on kickoffs, the kicking team can’t have more than five players bunched together pursuing an onside kick. That will cost a team 5 yards.

The kickoff wedge rule is bullshit as is the you can't blindside hit somebody with your shoulder. Shoulder ≠ head.

And what's the saying...NFL = No Fun League? I think I'd have to agree. College ball ftw!

Last edited:

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
LULZ

This "new rule" about quarterbacks wouldn't exist, if this was any other quarterback that went out last season. Here's a great quote from a football forum:

NFL Fan said:
It is kind of funny how the league didn't even blink when this happened to Carson Palmer--in the playoffs vs. Pittsburgh with gazillions watching, yet when Brady goes down vs. KC in a meaningless game the rule is changed.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
this is ridiculous....didnt know the nfl was the pansy league...they should start the bull riding nfl league where anything goes cuz ur tough as nails and make millions of bucks

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
The pussification of America continues. Enjoy watching your "manly" game.

Bunch of homos running around playing grab ass = the NEW NFL.

CSD

Banned
to say that a pass rusher cannot lunge towards the qb after he is knocked down is ridiculous.

why not just make a rule...no touching tom brandy.

nfl = no fun league?

this is ridiculous....didnt know the nfl was the pansy league.

only thing that will change next year is more fines and penalties.

the pussification of America continues.

Quoted for truth.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
LULZ

This "new rule" about quarterbacks wouldn't exist, if this was any other quarterback that went out last season. Here's a great quote from a football forum:

It was probably made because they BOTH had the identical type of injury.

I'm not accusing anyone but there are some people (haters) that like to think Tom Brady made this rule.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
I mean come on ... we all missed tom last season... but football is football... and injuries happen... its part of them game... to say that a pass rusher cannot lunge towards the QB after he is knocked down is rediculous. Also they other rule that they made because of the vicious hit on Welker by the stealers last season... there doensn't need to be a rule for it... it just should have been a personal foul and 15 yards... end of story... enough with the rules.

everyone who wasent from Mass thought it was clean:dw:

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
It was probably made because they BOTH had the identical type of injury.

I'm not accusing anyone but there are some people (haters) that like to think Tom Brady made this rule.

Riiiight. The injury to the NFL's Golden Boy of the Decade had absolutely nothing to do with this.

Yeah. I'm sure the NFL would have reacted the same way, if it was say, Jay Cutler who was injured the way Brady did. Or even worse, Kurt Warner, since his being "injury prone" would be blamed.

Users who are viewing this thread