Next up CT5-V Blackwing...

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I like the BW but having a 2300 or 2650 rotor pack instead of the 1700 TVS would be killer.
-J

The 1.7 is an amazing blower so long as it stays cool.

It sucks in the corvette but is phenomenal in the camaro thanks to the gargantuan front surface area. My intake temps stay as consistent as any other set up I have run and I have minimal cooling mods.

I don't know a ton about the blackwings but my guess is they are somewhere in between.

The Maggie 2650 is legit if you want to go that route, OP. This + toohighpsi + e85 will put you at 900. With the 10A this would be NASTY.

ArabianOak

Established Member

It sucks in the corvette but is phenomenal in the camaro thanks to the gargantuan front surface area. My intake temps stay as consistent as any other set up I have run and I have minimal cooling mods.

I don't know a ton about the blackwings but my guess is they are somewhere in between.

The Maggie 2650 is legit if you want to go that route, OP. This + toohighpsi + e85 will put you at 900. With the 10A this would be NASTY.
Totally agree. My z06 was always running hot. From my understanding the bw has massive cooling upgrades. The blower as well as supporting mods have a bunch of different parts compared to my z.

I think once I port the blower and land in the 10s I’ll be pretty happy. Especially if it traps anywhere in the 130s.

Be really fun to run a ported blower no tune and go in like I’m stock for warranty. lol.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Just went back and looked at my other cars half mile speeds...

c7z06 did 153mph
c7zr1 did 160mph
NSX did 149mph stock and 156 tuned
Taycan Turbo S did 154mph (ran 10.3 in the 1/4)
Bentayga does 141mph
M8 with racechips did 160mph (matching the zr1, crazy!)

The Blackwing does 154mph stock...pretty impressive considering the weight. Hard to imagine it keeping up with the zr1 if I ported the blower or did a tune. Wow.

This post reminded me you had a c7 zr1.

You are a crazy fool to have gotten rid of that car!!

ArabianOak

Established Member
Ooh baby!
Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 11.25.16 AM.jpeg

ArabianOak

Established Member
Good choice on Jokerz! He does great work on these blowers. I had him rebuild and port my 90k mile hellcat blower this year and picked up 50 rwhp on the same 91 octane tune as pre port! Race gas tune netted 960rwhp.
Wow. He ported my c7z06 a few years back with great results as well.

ArabianOak

Established Member
Got the wing back today after a several week delay on waiting for the port work...car really moves out now...gained .5 second in the 60-130 test so far. I will do 1/4 mile later in the week once the street is a little warmer. Stock tune adjusted perfectly to the port. Incredible. Graph and 60-130 video below...

397604205_7090466381005391_7028905114278612937_n.jpg

ArabianOak

Established Member

The stock tune is adjusting well and I saw 13lbs of boost yesterday during a few of my dragy runs...I think this car is making 700whp at that level of boost with NO mods other than the ported blower. Very impressive.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
The stock tune is adjusting well and I saw 13lbs of boost yesterday during a few of my dragy runs...I think this car is making 700whp at that level of boost with NO mods other than the ported blower. Very impressive.

700 out of a 1.7 at only 13 lbs is incredible. The LT4 is truly impressive. Are you experiencing any heat soak?

colin450

Established Member
Lol I thought these cars were crazy in stock form. You're taking it to another level. Pretty cool.

ArabianOak

Established Member
Bret was jokerz called me today and informed me he hooked me up with the race port to test out the first blackwing he has done...i will dyno again this friday and post results (they want me to drive the car more so the stock ecu will adapt),

Users who are viewing this thread