Next time your cobra is up on a rack, take a look at this...

mattmoto441

Ridin Dirty #001
Established Member
CIMG0154.gif

SVT04

Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
oy. enjoy the rust your welding friend just caused you (in the future). Too lazy to grind the paint off, and too cheap for a can of weld-thru primer. Check for a burn mark on the carpeting as well...

And in comes our expert and critic.....who appointed you ? He shared with us a welded re-enforcement of a trouble spot and of a potential trouble spot on our cars.

I have been a welder/fabricator for over 30 years,and let me tell you ,that you should not put so much faith into weld throught primer. It is not a fix all or cure all. A good coat of rust paint after the welds cool down will do as good a job if not better.

As far as a burn spot its unlikely such small weld will have created a problem.

So there you go .....the critics are not always right.....just critical with nothing good to say...

Thanks svtnos1011
for showing us a spot to look for trouble.

Last edited:

svtnos1011

STRIKE FIRST, STRIKE HARD
Established Member
mattmoto441 said:
this is a temp fix bafoon. or do you think it would of been fine to just leave it with no type of support and just have the tranny sagging there:rollseyes

mattmoto441

Ridin Dirty #001
Established Member
svtnos1011 said:
this is a temp fix bafoon. or do you think it would of been fine to just leave it with no type of support and just have the tranny sagging there:rollseyes

im not saying Not to fix it i was just saying that you need to go over that spot again B/C you MISSED the mount. You got the floor but not all the mount

SVT04

Established Member
mattmoto441 said:
im not saying Not to fix it i was just saying that you need to go over that spot again B/C you MISSED the mount. You got the floor but not all the mount

And you need to visit an optometrist...the mount was welded fine and not missed. What you are seeing is the edge of the paint burned off from welding...it looks like the edge of the metal but it isn't.....

svtnos1011

Established Member
SVT04 said:
And you need to visit an optometrist...the mount was welded fine and not missed. What you are seeing is the edge of the paint burned off from welding...it looks like the edge of the metal but it isn't.....
my friend who did it has been welding for over 10yrs and is certified in different types of welding. im sure he knows what he is doing.

SVT04

Established Member
svtnos1011 said:
my friend who did it has been welding for over 10yrs and is certified in different types of welding. im sure he knows what he is doing.

I'm sure he does, and as I said I have been welding for many years and am also certified as a welding inspector....

I often wonder why when someone posts something like this these morons feel the need to provide "feedback" mostly based on their lack of knowledge.......

svtnos1011

Established Member
SVT04 said:
I'm sure he does, and as I said I have been welding for many years and am also certified as a welding inspector....

I often wonder why when someone posts something like this these morons feel the need to provide "feedback" mostly based on their lack of knowledge.......
ya i was wondering the same thing. i was just trying to give others the heads up because this can lead to serious problems in the future, but people want to hate lol

Users who are viewing this thread