NEXT ROUND OF MODS= Need Advice

REDFIRE03SVT

Established Member
Let me know what you think!

This is what I'm thinking about:
-MAC ceramic coated longtubes w/Lethal catted x (or mac catted h if i can find one)
-Spec Stage 3+ clutch
-26 spline input shaft
-Head Cooling Mod (not sure which one to get)

Is there anything else I need/should get??? For the spec stage 3+ I've heard about the need for a different TOB and some sleve or something?? maybe a clutch quadrant an firewall adjuster?? I'm not sure what all is needed and am just trying to assemble a parts list so any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Also, anyone have any idea on what it would cost to get all of this stuff installed?? I've done all the work on my car until now, I just cant see doing this job myself :shrug:

TRBO VNM

well, if you want to go all out, not necessarily all "needed" right now, but typical parts that go along with your mods....

the spec clutch comes with a TOB and pilot bearing already, but some people go ahead and get the ford racing TOB as some have experienced premature failure with the spec and centerforce TOB's. that could be an adjustment issue or not.

consider a flywheel. your stock flywheel may or may not be able to be resurfaced. I have found a 50/50 hit/miss ratio if the stock flywheel can be used again or not. just depends on how hot your flywheel has gotten and if the rivets have started to pull through or not. if you go with a flywheel, the fidanza or spec are nice because they have a replaceable friction plate so you don't have to buy a new flywheel again. just replace the friction plate. the fidanza friction plate is about $55 and the spec is more expensive at about $80 or so. it beats replacing the whole flywheel everytime.

head cooling mod, if you do the rear cooling mod there are 2 available. both do the same thing. I would get whichever is readily available. I have seen both out of stock at some point. the other cooling mod is on top of the head. not easy to do with the blower there, but it is possible.

the Sleeve is the TOB retainer sleeve. it is what the TOB rides on and if you are putting the 26 spline in, you can do the sleeve at the same time since the front cover has to come off for both. but that doesn't mean your stock sleeve is bad. some of the early T56's had issues, so there are aftermarket sleeves available. but it is an item that sees wear and tear.

and of course as you mentioned, the adjuster and quadrant. I would do the LDC freeplay kit as well. it is a fitting and a spring. cheap, but effective. it pushed the clutch fork away from the pressure plate as much as possible based on your adjustment and the slack in the cable. it helps prevent premature wear on the TOB when adjusted correctly.

install, people have told me they have been quoted anywhere from $450 to over $500 for all of the items I listed aside from the headers. people have told me on the headers they have been quoted over $600 if you have a stock kmember.

if you want me to give you a price for it all, including parts, let me know. there are a few other shops in the area that would be highly recommend as well.

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
give torey a call at 703 331 1422. he can give you a great deal.

+1000

refilled, and resealed my diff and installed by irs brace / thru in new polyurethane bushing... under $250

told my brother about the work i had done, he showed me a receipt quote from another shop - $500 and thats just refiiling and resealing diff.

:bowdown:Excessive FTMFW:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread