Nexen tires?

langod

Cobra: The Anti-hybrid
Established Member
Anyone have experience with Nexen 5000 all season tires? I'm looking for a decent, but inexpensive all-weather tire for my daily driver Maxima. Snow traction is especially important. There were recommended to me as good, inexpensive tires. I've never heard of them. Nexen Tires
4E2FD0B43E39D1EAF7F0C6589DA277C4.jpg

My number one choice, Continental ContiExtreme DWS would be more than $700 installed and with a (included) front-end alignment!

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I bought some goodyear eagle GT's for my Daily they are nice but they were like 650 installed

eagle-gt.jpg

Last edited:

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
I have nexans on my cobra. I have no experience with the snow tires, but the tires I have a great! Little road noise, great grip. I have no complaints other than I wish they came in a wider size.

bam

Established Member
I put about 30,000 miles on a set of N3000s and they still looked damn near new when I sold the car. For low-power applications, I don't think there's a better replacement for stock tires.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
Funny the n3000's I had on my 06 Gt couldn't get traction for anything. Even though they were much wider than my Pirelli's (275 vs 235), I cut much better 60 ft times on my Pirelli's. The Pirelli's handled better too, and they came on the car stock.

If all you're looking for is to put a lot of miles on them, then I don't see why not, but if you want any performance, then look elsewhere.

Black Sex

Established Member
Nexen was partnered with Michelin for 12 yrs then broke off and did their own thing. I sell the Nexen N3000, N7000, and Rodian AT at the shop I work at. We just started stocking them about 4 months ago. We have sold more of the truck tires than the car tires. But we have not had any complaints about them. Our tire rep told us "they are one of the best entry level tires you can buy for the money". I hope some of this helps.

Dr. Gonzo

We're in Bat Country
Established Member
Premium Member
Buy dedicated snow tires and throw them on cheapo steel wheels for the winter.

VFOERSTER

Established Member
Nexens are perfect for inexpensive tires. Decent tread life. Not to much road noise. Seem to grip as well. Have no clue about snow though sorry.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
just from my experience with them over the last couple weeks, I will probably always put them on the front of my car. For $280-$300 shipped for the two fronts on an 18" wheel, you can't beat them. They look great too.

Savn4Mods

You serious Clark?
Established Member
I put some on my DD Jetta a while back and was very impressed for the money. I like the way they look too. I'm not sure how well they wear yet, but i read a lot of good things before purchasing mine.

Users who are viewing this thread