News blackout - Ohio cloud of Polyvinyl chloride death

Morgan

Established Member
Reading that one theory for the media blackout is to mitigate risk of railroad worker strikes that could result in burying the economy.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Heard a blip on this this morning. Tech guy touting the benefits of backing up your company data securely if you have to evacuate suddenly.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Remember when they said trains were safer than pipelines

Lmfao

Pepperidge farms remembers

This is a direct result of the railroads switching their business model from customer based to Wall Street based.

They’ve cut everything from track maintenance to training very, very deep.

When I started you needed at least 6 months of training to become certified. Now I’ve seen and talked to Norfolk Southern employees that are certified after only 5 weeks regardless of whether they’re ready or not.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
This is a direct result of the railroads switching their business model from customer based to Wall Street based.

When I started you needed at least 6 months of training to become certified. Now I’ve seen and talked to Norfolk Southern employees that are certified after only 5 weeks regardless of whether they’re ready or not.

Is the reduced training a reflection of the labor shortage?

bluebosss197

im did asbestos i can
Established Member

What? You mean EHH wasn't the greatest CEO in the world? Surely his proteges will do better!

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Is the reduced training a reflection of the labor shortage?

Yes and they continue to double down telling us “labor doesn’t contribute to profits” and “if you don’t like it then quit.”

Well half the workforce called their bluff and left the industry.

As I type this I’m stuck in the yard waiting for a brand new conductor to move his train. My engineer and I are scratching our heads listening to the poor kid on the radio.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
This disaster plus the NordStream bombing and gas release, and somehow the greenies are worried about my tailpipe.

Huge coverup. Remember, us rail workers wanted to go on strike partially due to safety issues but Biden and the Democrats sold us out.

Now they’re dangling “UFO’s” in front of everyone to distract from this massive environmental disaster. The same environment they preach to us has to be saved at all costs.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Wild fires, refineries, pipe lines, milk plants, shooting transformers, train derailment. It's not expensive or even sophisticated destruction. Aren't tankers marked with exterior cemical markers? The lack of media coverage similar to the first balloon, leads me to believe this was no accident. Wake up.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Don't worry! Gay Pete Butt-gig is in charge!
giphy-2.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread