Newest dyno results

RiffRaff04

Established Member
Went up to Charlotte NC for a cruise-in/dyno day, had a great time and all. On the first dyno i laid down 499rwhp/500rwtq. Then the second run ( about 3min cool down) i put down 500rwhp/499rwtq. It was kinda nasty weather outside though so the humidity on both runs was at 50%. My question is how much (if any) power did the humidity cost me? just curious

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
When I dynoed I did my first run and got xxx number, I gave 20 min of cool down with a bag of ice and gained 15 H.P. on my second run. Temp and cool down play a BIG role in what kind of numbers you put down, atleast for me it did.
Nice numbers BTW!

RiffRaff04

Established Member
Yeah, ive done the good ole bag o ice and cool down before but i wanted to get some "real" #'s this time. Ill probably give it a good ice down next time (and make sure the humidity isnt so high next time).

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice numbers. It never ceases to amaze me how relatively easy it is to make 500+ rwhp with the Terminator. :)

drkchk03svt

Established Member
RiffRaff04 said:
Went up to Charlotte NC for a cruise-in/dyno day, had a great time and all. On the first dyno i laid down 499rwhp/500rwtq. Then the second run ( about 3min cool down) i put down 500rwhp/499rwtq. It was kinda nasty weather outside though so the humidity on both runs was at 50%. My question is how much (if any) power did the humidity cost me? just curious

What boost were you seeing?

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
glad to see you put down some of the best numbers...just sorry my dyno queen wasnt available...maybe this summer we'll have a dyno day at UGR and you guys can come up and see what she'll do with the ice bag...

ps--pm me about a mod you might not have thought of that could yield a little more power

RiffRaff04

Established Member
Ultimate CC: you dont have to do those upgrades but im building my car up for a whipple.
drkchk03svt: I didnt have my aftermarket gauges up and running on the dyno, but ill normally see 16-17psi
badcobra: im still somewhat new to the whole tunning scene so correct me if im wrong but are you saying that I would get the same results on a 30degree 0% humidity day as i would on a 100degree 100% humidity day?

Ultimate CC

Established Member
RiffRaff04 said:
Ultimate CC: you dont have to do those upgrades but im building my car up for a whipple.
drkchk03svt: I didnt have my aftermarket gauges up and running on the dyno, but ill normally see 16-17psi
badcobra: im still somewhat new to the whole tunning scene so correct me if im wrong but are you saying that I would get the same results on a 30degree 0% humidity day as i would on a 100degree 100% humidity day?

Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread