Newest 93 Cobra "project" arrived

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
I bought another 93 Cobra to play with. Its Red w/ Black cloth and has 30k original miles. Its a theft recovery :( The car looks to have been a gorgeous all stock original car before the low life scums stole it. Luckily they did not damage the body and left it all in tact. The only major items stolen were the motor/trans, front seats, door panels, and carpet. The complete stock exhaust system is still in place.

I will try to post some pics in the next couple of days.

Since she has now been deflowered, I would like to build a decent stroker motor w/HCI and make a nice play toy (i.e. low 11sec street car). It will be a long term project with my current work schedule though :cryying:

buddha93

Established Member
Put an 03/04 Cobra motor in it. That seems to be the lastest craze lately......mod motors in Fox body cars. I've never seen that drivetrain in a Fox Cobra though. You could be the first! :burnout:

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
03/04 Cobra motor & 6spd in a fox body is nothing new now days. I have seen over 20 of them done by various places. A friend of mine put one in a '84GT350 Mustang back in '03.

I wish I had the time to do a 4V mod motor swap into a fox. As I get older it seems the day gets shorter, I have more stuff to do, and I move slower than the day before... the sad part is I'm only 29 y/o. I can't really fathom how bad it will be when I'm 40 y/o at this rate.

Anywho I'll just be happy to get a decent motor built for it and get it driveable now days. A Hellion Turbo kit sure would be a nice addition though.

jspalmer01

Established Member
cobra186 said:
As I get older it seems the day gets shorter, I have more stuff to do, and I move slower than the day before... the sad part is I'm only 29 y/o. I can't really fathom how bad it will be when I'm 40 y/o at this rate.

Enjoy the prime of your life, really. What happens at/over 40? Maybe some grey hair, bad eyes, things stop working as well (oh yeah!!!), and the joints start talkin back. Other than that it's great :D Have fun with the project.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
jspalmer01 said:
Enjoy the prime of your life, really. What happens at/over 40? Maybe some grey hair, bad eyes, things stop working as well (oh yeah!!!), and the joints start talkin back. Other than that it's great :D Have fun with the project.

That's the sad part. My wife is already finding grey hairs and tells me about it ( she thinks its funny right now), I use to have perfect vision and now I have to wear some pretty strong contacts. I have quite a bit of back pain everyday and my knees give me fits too (too many sports injuries, I guess).

I'm a def. case of: " its the mileage that counts not the age"

I have always worked hard since I was old enough to turn a wrench (pulled the engine out of my dads Falcon Vert at 6y/o) and lifted too many heavy things over the years. My dad always told me it would catch up to me if I wasn't careful. I should have listened closer to the 'ol man.

Anywho, enough of my sob story. I need to get to work :p

~Ray~

Established Member
buddha93 said:
Put an 03/04 Cobra motor in it. That seems to be the lastest craze lately......mod motors in Fox body cars. I've never seen that drivetrain in a Fox Cobra though. You could be the first! :burnout:

Why would he want to do that when he could just buy a off the shelf aftermarket set of heads for a 302 that outflow the 03/04 Cobra motors by a mile.

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
cobra186 said:
I bought another 93 Cobra to play with. Its Red w/ Black cloth and has 30k original miles. Its a theft recovery :( The car looks to have been a gorgeous all stock original car before the low life scums stole it. Luckily they did not damage the body and left it all in tact. The only major items stolen were the motor/trans, front seats, door panels, and carpet. The complete stock exhaust system is still in place.

I will try to post some pics in the next couple of days.

Since she has now been deflowered, I would like to build a decent stroker motor w/HCI and make a nice play toy (i.e. low 11sec street car). It will be a long term project with my current work schedule though :cryying:

I guess no chance of selling it to me huh Daryl ?

You have enough there, spread the wealth.

Last edited:

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
BADBOYSPACK said:
I guess no chance of selling it to me huh Daryl ?

You have enough there, speard the wealth.

Ok, Ok, Ok..... I'll give you my red/black cobra + $500 for your 'ol unwanted Teal/Black Cobra :thumbsup:

CO9B3RA

Established Member
jspalmer01 said:

Cobra186:

You just have to keep "motoring on" :rolling: ....at 61 I'm in the middle of a '66 fb restomod and up to now I had been a "keep it stock" restorer! This is a KICK, though it's taking a "bit" longer than in the past....jspalmer01 is so right on! My '93, tho, is still untouched @ 32k miles and I think it will remain so. :bowdown:
:coolman:

buddha93

Established Member
~Ray~ said:
Why would he want to do that when he could just buy a off the shelf aftermarket set of heads for a 302 that outflow the 03/04 Cobra motors by a mile.

Because they make an insane amount of power with mods. That and like I said before, I've seen lots of 03/04 drivetrains in various Fox bodies and other Fords, but never a 93 Cobra......something different

As far as the aftermarket heads outflowing the 4v Cobra heads by a mile? Only if they've been ported. A stock 4v head flows 260 @.550 on the intake side and 201 on the exhaust. Far from mind blowing numbers, but a damn good starting point.

It wouldn't be an easy or cheap undertaking, but what the hell. The way those 03/04 Cobra drivetrains run in a 3800lb pig-of a car, I'd like to drive a 3200lb Fox with that combination in it. :beer:

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
buddha93 said:
Because they make an insane amount of power with mods. That and like I said before, I've seen lots of 03/04 drivetrains in various Fox bodies and other Fords, but never a 93 Cobra......something different

As far as the aftermarket heads outflowing the 4v Cobra heads by a mile? Only if they've been ported. A stock 4v head flows 260 @.550 on the intake side and 201 on the exhaust. Far from mind blowing numbers, but a damn good starting point.

It wouldn't be an easy or cheap undertaking, but what the hell. The way those 03/04 Cobra drivetrains run in a 3800lb pig-of a car, I'd like to drive a 3200lb Fox with that combination in it. :beer:

You must have not done alot of searching on Fox bodies have ya ?

buddha93

Established Member
Ok, I give up. Somebody show me a Fox Cobra with a 03/04 drivetrain in it......not just a Fox, a 1993 Cobra. LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread