Newer CTS-V in the single digits

gnxs

Established Member
Full weight CTS-V, nicely modded and a progressive 200 shot on DRs:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNTl38xi6Bg"]YouTube - 1 14 PBIR CTSV 9 85s at 139 7mph[/nomedia]

:eek:

lvgolfer962

Established Member
im really starting to love those V's. someone correct me if im wrong, they don't have a Cadillac engine its an older corvette mill right:shrug:

MattxFatal

Established Member
Wow, that thing booked.

im really starting to love those V's. someone correct me if im wrong, they don't have a Cadillac engine its an older corvette mill right:shrug:

They are running an LSA (what will be in the new Camaro Z28).
The previous V's were running an LS6's (C5Z motor).

It's not just a detuned LS9 like many think, however that doesn't mean it's not a beast of a motor.
-Matt

stangaholic280

Established Member

Older models do. They started with the LS6 in them in 04-05. Then they moved to the LS2 in 06-07. The newer models (09+) have the LSA engine which is a supercharged 6.2L engine based off the LS9.

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member

I believe its basically the same design as the zr-1 with the exception of different heads specs/cams/blower.

MattxFatal

Established Member
Main differences: Exhaust Valves, Cast instead of forged pistons, Cast manifolds instead of Stainless steel, 1.9L blower instead of 2.3L, dry sump, Different heat exchanger...few other things.

venomws6

Established Member
Damn sick car... :rockon:

I can't hear it good in the video but its an M6 right?
Anyone knows the complet mods setup?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, it would be great to see the list of mods this Caddy has. Great run!

gnxs

Established Member
The major mods are heads, cam, 200 progressive shot, upper and lower pullies, and he supposedly has a completely forged rotating assembly in the stock block. I believe it also has CAI, headers (stock cat-back, which is why it was so quiet), heat exchanger and drag radials. Probably also has a bigger throttle body. It still has the stock trans and blower and he mentioned the trans was slipping later in the day at the track. He said in a post I saw that he was going to get the trans repaired/upgraded with a nice converter and get the blower ported in the hopes of going mid 9's.

Last edited:

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
That's right.
Thank you for the correction.

Hopefully the rears on these things will hold together better than the 04/05's.

The rear in the new V's are completely different and a whole lot stronger than the rear in the 1st gen V's. They fixed that very quickly when all the older ones where having to get replaced under warranty. The problem with the 1st gen was the differential breaking because it was thinner and the wheel hope from the axles would cause vibration and it would break the differential in half. Also was the sloop in the drive shaft was not helping.

Users who are viewing this thread