Newbies: SEARCH Tutorial

Flatliner

THE HEARTBEAT STOPS HERE.
Established Member
In case you didn't know... here is our first tutorial!

search1.jpg

search2.jpg

Or click on ADVANCE and limit your criteria...

search3.jpg

Last edited:

Ex-'93 Cobra

Established Member
Heh, should be a sticky in a newbie forum. I have helped to create these write-ups for other forums .. and they do prove to help some ... while simultaneously and surprisingly being uncomprehendable by some others. It does cut down on some number of reposts and newb questions though.

As I am posting in this new server thread:

II am happy about and thankful for the new server. Good work. Thanks.

The only functional problem that I have realized is the search limitations on results.

I think the number of retrieved data/results form a search should be unlimited. It seems far too easy to be unable to achieve results because too many were found. I have not had this problem on any other forums to my recollection. Please remove any search result limit if possible.

Also, just curious ... if there is any query form for searching by using query words "AND, OR, NOT" etc and or asterisk symbols etc ... because they have always proved to be helpful in narrowing searches by a very large amount. If these are not functional now ... although it is not overt by standard query directions, I will admit that I haven't really tested standard query ... please implement that feature asap.

Thanks again.

EDIT: I think the query words may be active, although not described in fine print like other software forum versions, but I still think the searching results and parameters need to be altered.

Example:

I searched advanced for: RED AND CONVERTIBLE

... which should retrive every post and or thread with RED AND CONVERTIBLE in it.

This is what happened:

Showing results 1 to 25 of 500

500 results, well, that's good in a way that it seems you can actually retrieve a lot of results. However, read on ...

Search took 2.25 seconds. Search: Key Word(s): RED
The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search: CONVERTIBLE

It's great that so many results were achieved quickly .. so ... again .. good server speed.

However, the fact that it eliminated CONVERTIBLE and only search for RED is a bit nerving and funny.

Maybe there is a parameter saying that CONVERTIBLE has too many characters? Well, please change that is that's the case. It's not too short .. becase RED worked.

Maybe there are wayy too many threads with the word convertible and it needs to accept an unlimited number of results to retrive? If so, please fix .. however .. I would think RED would be way more common than convertible.

Anyways, I hope the point is made. Just a little inconvenience. I know it's a work in progress. Good work. Keep it up. Please fix. Thanks.

Last edited:

LogiWorld123

Established Member
What you do is stand at full attention and raise your arm at a 20 to 45 degree angle depending on circumstances. Your knowledge and training will allow you to find the best salute pose.

bellamy.gif

A picture of the salute in action.

12297.jpg

Its so easy even crowds of complete morons can do it!

berlingames.jpg

If you have to take the time to enact the Procedural Search Directive upon a post, you surely are quite lame. While it is far easier to simply answer the question or provide the link to a thread that you, the free standing column of bookmarked links and knowledge has catalogued in unprecedented efficiency, you insist on needlessly enacting the Procedural Search Directive, causing much inefficiency throughout the site.

Flatliner

THE HEARTBEAT STOPS HERE.
Established Member
If you have to take the time to enact the Procedural Search Directive upon a post, you surely are quite lame.
Anal, yes, lame no… and yes, I do have my links bookmarked in a unprecedented efficiency…

...causing much inefficiency throughout the site.
I understand the strain that the database can go through, however I don't like the fact of the same thing being asked over and over again. Maybe us nazis should just delete reposts… and censor all? Sounds great yeah...:rolleyes:

:idea: I guess I should just bookmark the following search under SVTPerformance> Worthless, for future reference of babble, Over 5k of worthless junk… can be yours to.
http://67.15.62.79/forums/search.php?searchid=1241

Unless you have anything constuctive to say... please don't post in this thread.

Last edited:

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Flatliner said:
In case you didn't know... here is our first tutorial!

search1.jpg

search2.jpg

Or click on ADVANCE and limit your criteria...

search3.jpg

Wait, back up...........I'm not following you on this.......I am so lost.........what is this Seaaa......rrrr......ccchhhh thing you speak of?

Thats it, the directions were to complicated to follow..............I give up.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread