newbie question on SLP package

koopa

munter chumpher
Established Member
:rolling: hey guys, greetings from scotland uk. And before anyone starts i dont look a damn thing like groundskeeper willie!!

I have a 2005 Saleen S281-3v just now but have been seriously impressed by the cobra and will be importing one from the states next month. I want to have the thing tuned to a minumum of 500rwhp before it is shipped over and wonder....

1) What do you guys think of SLP's 575fwhp performance pack? Is it a true power figure and can the engine run the power safely?
2) Would i be better just leaving the engine stock and having a kenne bell fitted in place of the eaton?

Thanks for the help guys :beer:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
koopa said:
:rolling: hey guys, greetings from scotland uk. And before anyone starts i dont look a damn thing like groundskeeper willie!! lol.......willie

I have a 2005 Saleen S281-3v just now but have been seriously impressed by the cobra and will be importing one from the states next month. I want to have the thing tuned to a minumum of 500rwhp before it is shipped over and wonder....

1) What do you guys think of SLP's 575fwhp performance pack? Is it a true power figure and can the engine run the power safely?the 575 is a total guess by them and the exhaust will be loud as hell catted or not(it will curdle your guiness)
2) Would i be better just leaving the engine stock and having a kenne bell fitted in place of the eaton?KB requires substantial supporting mods unless you run really low boost, in which case it is a total waste of 3K$

Thanks for the help guys :beer:

unless you have good mechanical skills and sufficient access to local vendors willing to help you tune it and check a/f (or just get a wideband and check it yourself) I would leave it stock.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Like Postban said, the SLP exhaust is way loud. Maybe THE loudest out there. The package is okay, but personally I'd rather but together my own package so that I know (A) that the parts I choose are about the best quality available, and (B) I'm getting a proven package that will get me the power I'm looking for. I haven't heard of any dyno tests after the SLP package was installed. It would be interesting to see how it stacks up (price and power wise) against packages available through our authorized vendors, or packages our members put together on their own.

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
koopa said:
bah!! I dont do standard though!! :nono:

maybe i should just buy one pre tuned? :burnout:

Sure, but if a problem arises with the tune, which is all too common, what are you gonna do? May not even find out until something gets ****ed up from running lean.
I'd follow what Postban said.

Users who are viewing this thread