Newb to svtp in NC!

Kenny04Cobra

Established Member
Whats going on?

Im Kenny, just gotta 2004 redfire cobra about 2 months ago. nothing major done to it, i knew the previous owner, and helped him do all the mods before i got it. Got some ealry pics on my myspace - www.myspace.com/kenny97gst

Was wondering if there are any local cobras around the Greensboro/Winston/High Point area?

Kenny

Kenny04Cobra

Established Member
nckissfan said:
hello, yep, I live north of Greensboro, off of Hwy 29N. There are a few around the Triad on here.

Awsome man.. i actually live in kernersville. Ive met 2 locals actually, Tolbert (sp) in the silver 04 with the ported eaton, and some guy in a black 03 wipple car who lives in kville also... hes the one that actually told me about this site. We all need to get together and get a beer or sumpin! :beer:

Kenny

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
I am up for that. Tough thing is I work 3rd shift. I have Sundays and tuesdays off. I would definitely be up for cruising into a Sonic, or something like that.

jbp99cobra

Fly fat ass, fly!!!
Established Member
a little south of you here in Charlotte, but welcome!
Another site to check out is carolinarides.com not as much traffic as svtp, but a decent site for locals.

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
I am going to try and work a cruise in with my car club, the SCMC(SVT Cobra Mustang Club). Is there a Sonic in Kernersville that has a decent size parking lot? Or, any other place that you might suggest in Kville?

Kenny04Cobra

Established Member
nckissfan said:
I am going to try and work a cruise in with my car club, the SCMC(SVT Cobra Mustang Club). Is there a Sonic in Kernersville that has a decent size parking lot? Or, any other place that you might suggest in Kville?

There is a sonic in kville, parking space can be a problem.. but, ive seen some vette clubs there sometimes.. (about 20-30 cars). Another suggestion, would be "Chili's" or "Liberty" steakhouse (good beer) in High Point, at the "Oak Hollow Mall". the food places are actually on the outside of the mall, and we can just walk across the street (about 10 yards) to the restaurant and we an use the whole mall parking lot. i'll try to get some pics and post them up so we can see.

Kenny

Last edited:

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
I have been to both restaurants, and yes, that is an idea. Thanks for reminding me. There is a really good Sonic in Reidsville, parking lot is huge. I wish they would all be built that way. I will let you know when we do something like that.

Kenny04Cobra

Established Member
nckissfan said:
I have been to both restaurants, and yes, that is an idea. Thanks for reminding me. There is a really good Sonic in Reidsville, parking lot is huge. I wish they would all be built that way. I will let you know when we do something like that.

Awsome man. keep me posted.

:beer:

Kenny

Drewzilla

Established Member
Are/were you on importsnc.com? I think I talked to a guy that was on that site that just bought a cobra a month or so ago. Welcome to the site!

Kenny04Cobra

Established Member
Drewzilla said:
Are/were you on importsnc.com? I think I talked to a guy that was on that site that just bought a cobra a month or so ago. Welcome to the site!

LOL.. yeah.. Im still on that forum, my name is "Kenny04srt4"

Kenny

Drewzilla

Established Member
I went from an srt to cobra as well lol. Very nice change. Now people dont act like your such a piece of crap because of the majority of cocks that own srt's.

Kenny04Cobra

Established Member
Drewzilla said:
I went from an srt to cobra as well lol. Very nice change. Now people dont act like your such a piece of crap because of the majority of cocks that own srt's.

Very true.. but, whad u expect when parents bout their kid their first "safe" car, a "dodge neon", that came stock with 240whp and 250wtq? my first car was a 1985 volkswagon quantum station wagon... that MAYBE had 100-120. Its true ALOT of srt owners got bad names from majority of the crowd. It was still a great car to have, i do miss it sometimes, but... i miss rear-wheel drive more. Thats part of the reason why i got the cobra.

Kenny

Drewzilla

Established Member
I wont lie. I miss the car sometimes. I had it for 3 years. I've had 6 cars and I had it the longest. It went through complete hell and lots of track runs and lots of street runs. Never had a single problem with it with all of the mods and hell raising. It was still on the stock clutch after 3 years and never slipped. Reliability in that thing was awesome. Im wondering if I ever ran into you at a local meet or at a dyno day or something.

Kenny04Cobra

Established Member
Drewzilla said:
I wont lie. I miss the car sometimes. I had it for 3 years. I've had 6 cars and I had it the longest. It went through complete hell and lots of track runs and lots of street runs. Never had a single problem with it with all of the mods and hell raising. It was still on the stock clutch after 3 years and never slipped. Reliability in that thing was awesome. Im wondering if I ever ran into you at a local meet or at a dyno day or something.

yeah, i had the stock clutch in my srt as well.. I bought it new in 04, and sold it this year w/ 57k miles and no clutch problems. no problems at all actually, had a wheel bearing go bad, and a a/c line leaked.. but, it was all fixed under warrenty. :rockon:

You probally did meet me at some point.. i got some pics of my car on my myspace. www.myspace.com/kenny97gst

Kenny

Users who are viewing this thread