Newb about superchargers and sweeet video!

FVEOH69

Established Member
So I have a 2012 5.0 mustang and had it for about a year and a half. I promised myself to keep it stock as much as possible BUT yeah right. So I feel It needs more power. Im really thinking about putting a sc on it but not sure what kit. I am worried about about the thing blowing up, mostly the transmission. Question is, what is the most realible safest supercharger out there that is best bang for the buck and does not require cutting up your car to fit? So far after doing alitte research I see paxton, procharger and heres a dumb question. Is vortech and paxton same company? I keep seeing those two together alot ? Also Would you recommend a shop installing it and about how much do they run to do that? ALso i came across this mustang and i love the looks of it, The quarter mile times are deff off, 12 sec with a sc?! basically does that stock.

<CITE>www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3eUPrpHDeA</CITE>

Last edited:

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Running the Roush tune isn't going to net you $6,000+ worth of horsepower.

I would say go Paxton. The trimming on the inside of the bumper isn't noticeable from the outside. You're going to save a couple thousand dollars over any other kit out there also.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I can set you up with a great deal on the Paxton stuff.

Best prices around, and happy to help out with anything you need!

Beef
513-478-1965

pohnjarker

Established Member
im happy with my paxton kit. i forget all of the reasons Beef gave me over why it is better than a PD blower but that, along with price, is why i went with the paxton.

paxton/vortech is the same except for the head unit, the paxton head unit is good up to 1000hp. vortech is smaller so the top limit is lower.

FVEOH69

Established Member
Good to know! I think i narrowed it down to paxton or pro charger. Why choose one over the other?

downwardspiral

Hammerhead
Established Member
Good to know! I think i narrowed it down to paxton or pro charger. Why choose one over the other?

I haven't been on this site long and I already notice this topic is beaten to death in many threads. The procharger kit doesn't really compare to the paxton kit, it costs more, the base head unit and intercooler are the smallest out of the 3 kits, and the drive pulley mounts onto the stock crank pulley with cam locks. This adds leverage to the force acting on the crank and will shorten its life. For a comparable procharger kit it would also cost you over $1000 more.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

I haven't been on this site long and I already notice this topic is beaten to death in many threads. The procharger kit doesn't really compare to the paxton kit, it costs more, the base head unit and intercooler are the smallest out of the 3 kits, and the drive pulley mounts onto the stock crank pulley with cam locks. This adds leverage to the force acting on the crank and will shorten its life. For a comparable procharger kit it would also cost you over $1000 more.

Some good reasons, and even with the stage 2 procharger kit, you still do not get as good of an intercooler as the base Vortech / Paxton.

At 154 mph, i was seeing iat's in the 140-150 range, at 140's with the the stage 2 procharger you are well into the 200's

Users who are viewing this thread