**New Years Killer Chiller GB**

J.Kincaid

Established Member
New Years Killer Chiller Group Buy

Spring is just around the corner, so now is a good time to purchase your kit. Take advantage of our slow time and save big! We're going to offer these kits for $525.00 (kits normally sell for $650.00) with Free shipping valid in the lower 48 states. If you live outside of the lower 48 states, then shipping will be through USPS and calculated accordingly. The new KC core assy can be mounted up-right, or upside down in the foam support. We also redesigned the orifice tube holder for a straight vapor shot just before the 90* input fitting. This system will drop your IC fluid temps to about 40 degrees post IC reservoir. This kit was designed for the do it yourselfer. It's completely bolt on with no cutting or modifications to the AC system, making it one of our easiest kits to install. We will need 10 members or more to make this GB happen.

*Bonus* we're going to upgrade these kits with VOVs for this sale free of charge! The VOV is a variable orifice valve and will adjust automatically for max cooling. The standard orifice tube is fixed and can not adjust for max cooling, but the VOV will. With the VOV you'll see max cooling at any RPM!

This GB will end 02/14/15

Here is the KC diagram:

Here are some of the proven benefits:

1) takes advantage of your A/C to provide you with ice cold intercooler fluid.

2) prevents power fade and timing retard due to heat soak.

3) Allows you to run more boost and timing on pump gas.

4) Slightly increases supercharger efficiency.

Please e-mail me your shipping info, (screen name) and contact number. Note: I cannot put you on the list till I receive your info, so please e-mail me if you would like one of these kits.

Here's our e-mail > [email protected]

Link to Cobra KC installation > http://killerchiller.com/p/installation-insturctions

[youtube_browser]jl56Q51XSZA[/youtube_browser]

Video of reservoir temps. (Old gen-2 kit.)
[youtube_browser]BR7kYFf_MaU[/youtube_browser]

This video illustrates down stream temps with the KC on/KC off. - Note: The quality is not the greatest but it makes the point. In the video you'll see down stream temps with the KC turned on, and then turned off while cruising. Average IAT-2 temps were reduced by 60 degrees using the KC system.

[youtube_browser]_etTIzWR-bs[/youtube_browser]

For those of you getting in on this deal, consider using Industrial 12a for the refrigerant recharge. Here's the info on ENVIRO-SAFE ES-12A > How efficient is ENVIRO-SAFE

If you decide to order, get the Industrial 12a, It's better than the regular ES-12a, and should be charged under a full vacuum. I worked out a deal with the owner for free shipping on the 6 packs. Make note in the comment section "please give me the free shipping under the Kincaid Performance discount".

Go to the link below and scroll down to where it says "introducing our newer Industrial 12a in a can"
Enviro-Safe Refrigerants

Obviously this is not a Cobra, but you can see the excellent job he did insulating the IC lines and tank...you don't have to do this, but it will increase the overall efficiency. You can get this insulation at any hardware store for about 2-3 bucks a stick.

[youtube_browser]askw21vvovw[/youtube_browser]

**HOW TO RECHARGE YOUR A/C SYSTEM**

After you install the kit you will need to pull a full vacuum. If you have an air compressor you can pick up a vacuum pump at Harbor freight for 15 bucks. You can also pick up the manifold gauge set for 50 bucks. Here's what you do.

Connect the red hose to the high side port and the blue hose to the low side port (open both valves on the manifold gauge set). Connect the yellow hose to the vacuum pump, and start your air compressor. Once you've pulled down a full vacuum close both valves (red & blue).

You'll then screw on a 2 ounce can of pag oil to the yellow hose. (Open the blue valve only!) After it pulls in all of the oil, close the blue valve and screw on a can of refrigerant. (Open the blue valve only!) and let it pull in the full can of refrigerant. Once it's empty close the blue valve.

Start the engine and turn on the A/C. Screw in the second can of refrigerant and open the blue valve. let it pull in all of the refrigerant. Once the second can is empty close the blue valve. Keep adding refrigerant to you see 2.5-2.8 X ambient air temp on the high side gauge. So if it's 90 degrees out, multiply it by 2.5 = 225 psi on the high side.

You can pick up a 2 ounce can of pag oil at any automotive parts store.

Here's the info on the vacuum pump.
Vacuum Pump with R134A and R12 Connectors

Here's the info on the manifold gauge set.
A/C Manifold Gauge Set

Thanks!
Joe

Here's the list so far:
1.) jdm99svt
2.) silver03svt
3.) cobratermanator (drg kit)
4.) nichols_james08
5.) 03svt
6.) 5583keith
7.) svtsnake281
8.) aka scca
9.) Viperbluelx
10.) leo_03cobra
11.) 2k3vnm

Last edited:

J.Kincaid

Established Member
I take it this is not the "Drag Pack" Kit?

Been interested in that kit for awhile!

You can purchase the drag kit for an extra $300.00. There's a lot more parts and labor involved in the drag kit. The drag kit sells for $1000.00, so you'd be able to get this kit for $825.00!

I wish I would have waited, this is a great price!!!

Because it's so slow during this time of the year we're able to get some of the AC parts/materials at a discount. Plus we're a little more motivated to run sales because it is slower for us too. This is always the best time of the year to get one of these kits!

Last edited:

maverick0817

Established Member
Any recommendation for a intercooler pump to use with this? Should I go back to a stock heat exchanger? Whats the difference between the regular kit and the drag kit that it runs 15 degrees cooler?

J.Kincaid

Established Member
Email sent! !

Thanks!

I'll add you to the list.

Joe the kc can't be ran with the liquid cooled blowers right.

Yeah it would be way too cold. You'd have to run some kind of bypass.

Any recommendation for a intercooler pump to use with this? Should I go back to a stock heat exchanger? Whats the difference between the regular kit and the drag kit that it runs 15 degrees cooler?

You can use the stock pump, or do what I did which was to add a second stock pump in series. I mounted it to the radiator support using a bracket I picked up at Lowe's.

If you're not going to use the 3 way bypass valve, then yes go back to the stock HE.

If you do a lot of racing at the track, the drag kit would be a good option. It uses a 12V solenoid valve so you can shut the AC off inside the cab. This prevents any dripping at the track, especially if it's humid out. It will also lower the temp another 10~15 degrees. Keep in mind the standard kit can see temps at or below freezing, so whether you use the standard or the drag kit you'll still need to run antifreeze.

I don't use the drag kit myself. When I go to the track I just turn off the system before I stage, and then back on when I go thru the traps. That way it's nice and cold by the time I get back around.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
J., can you tell me why the stock HE is preferred over an aftermarket unit please?

J.Kincaid

Established Member
When will this group buy end? When you reach 10?

Thanks for reminding me. It's for 30 days.

Email sent! I'm in like Flint on this!

Thanks again, and I'll add you to the list.

J., can you tell me why the stock HE is preferred over an aftermarket unit please?

Less surface area to refrigerate. Remember the KC is chilling the entire IC Circuit. the smaller the HE, the quicker the KC will chill down the IC fluid, and the colder it will get.

silver03svt

Established Member
Less surface area to refrigerate. Remember the KC is chilling the entire IC Circuit. the smaller the HE, the quicker the KC will chill down the IC fluid, and the colder it will get.

Makes sense. Thanks. When should we expect payment information?

cclark

Established Member
What kind of boost and timing can be run using a killer chiller? I know you stated in the op you could run more on pump gas and this is good for me since e85 isn't available.

Also what's the main difference is this and the drag kit? I will never see a drag strip just street cruising and blasting. But is the drag kit significantly more beneficial?

silver03svt

Established Member
Also what's the main difference is this and the drag kit? I will never see a drag strip just street cruising and blasting. But is the drag kit significantly more beneficial?

If i am not mistaken, the Drag Kit is built so that the KC works all the time, even WITHOUT the cars A/C on. This way condensation won't drip all over the dragstrip causing traction issues. I am not sure what all the extra parts are or how much more difficult the install would be though.

cclark

Established Member
If i am not mistaken, the Drag Kit is built so that the KC works all the time, even WITHOUT the cars A/C on. This way condensation won't drip all over the dragstrip causing traction issues. I am not sure what all the extra parts are or how much more difficult the install would be though.

Damn that's bad ass, works without having to turn the ac on. Wonder if you turn the ac on do the temps go down even more?? Lol.

I'm very interested since like I said e85 isn't available so 93 and torco is all I'm gonna run and shoot for 20-21#s

Users who are viewing this thread