New whip

ATX5.0

Established Member
Picked up a ‘13 Boss with 18k mi on the clock. I believe the only option on it is the Recaros and Torsen. No plans to go crazy with mods since this car is mint.
Goal is to get into the 11s with no tuning and have a fun street car that’ll see 2-3k mi/yr. Swapped out plugs to ngk 6509, oil change, brake pads.

I plan on getting the side exhaust plates out of there, front grill pucks off and maybe a gt500 axle back.
Recommendation/advice to get into the 11s? Sticky tire, suspension work..

Attachments

• IMG_4190.jpeg
    IMG_4190.jpeg
    163.8 KB · Views: 100

jessie_sanders

Established Member
That's a pretty girl right there.

Check out bmr for suspension bits. That MT82 is made out of popsicle sticks and glass (IMO) so be mindful.

If I try to shift at redline I get locked out of gears. I've read upgrading the clutch/shifter fixes this

I went with Barton for a short throw shifter and wish I would've went MGW.

*Edited for braindead, incomplete thoughts*
Sent from my motorola razr plus 2023 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
You should bring it to the road course, not the strip. You get to have entire days of near non-stop driving fun, and not just 12 second bursts.

ATX5.0

Established Member
That's a pretty girl right there.

Check out bmr for suspension bits. That MT82 is made out of popsicle sticks and glass (IMO) so be mindful.

If I try to shift at redline I get locked out of gears. I've read upgrading the clutch.

I went with Barton for a short throw shifter and wish I would've went MGW.

Thank you sir. Do you have trackey? If so what are your thoughts on it?

I’ve had good luck with the Mccloud rst in the past.

ATX5.0

Established Member
Yup slicks and skinnies should do it, that’s all I needed on my 2014 GT mt82 car, you have a bit more HP.

I did end up doing cat deletes, lu47s and E85 tune and ran 11.4s @ 122 iirc.
Nice man, that’s quick. I went the NA route with my 12gt in the past and it ran consistent 11.6x @121.

Plan is for boost on this car, down the road. I’ll probably focus on suspension and clutch first. Steeda for suspension and a mantic or Mccloud clutch. Will see

jessie_sanders

Established Member
Thank you sir. Do you have trackey? If so what are your thoughts on it?

I’ve had good luck with the Mccloud rst in the past.
I do have the trackey. I really like it and it's the only key I use. The fake cam included with it is a fun novelty IMO. It makes the regular key tune feel sluggish and dull.

ATX5.0

Established Member
I do have the trackey. I really like it and it's the only key I use. The fake cam included with it is a fun novelty IMO. It makes the regular key tune feel sluggish and dull.

Now to find a competent dealer in my area so it can get programmed.

ATX5.0

Established Member
Congratulations on the Boss! I like the 13’s with the reflective stripes, really brings back the vibe of the old school boss.
Thank you kindly. I was on the hunt for a c6z but the market for those is insane.
Told myself I’d get a specialty mustang this time around.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Congrats. Wish I never sold my Boss 302.

For the transmission, I went with an MGW shifter, Exedy Mach 600 single-disc clutch and Exedy lightweight racing flywheel. Loved the combo, felt great. I never had any issues puttering around town as my daily or shifting at 8300rpm.

jessie_sanders

Established Member
Congrats. Wish I never sold my Boss 302.

For the transmission, I went with an MGW shifter, Exedy Mach 600 single-disc clutch and Exedy lightweight racing flywheel. Loved the combo, felt great. I never had any issues puttering around town as my daily or shifting at 8300rpm.
Could you tell a noticeable difference with the lightweight flywheel?

Cobra Jet

Established Member
Congrats on the B302!

Another one here who likes the 12-13 B302’s. I myself will be getting one someday.

I’m more for the 12 than the 13, but for me it’s just personal preference to have more “raw” in the 12 and the exterior aesthetics of the 12 over the 13. What I mean by “raw” is, the basic gauge set, less “digital gadgets” than the 13, etc. More or less just basic performance oriented “car” than all the doodads that were introduced into 13 (which eventually carried into 14 and the S550’s.

I belong to the B302 forum and lots of great folks there too as well as the TMO forum where there was quite a bit of B302 Owners who tracked their rides.

I’ve been watching the 12 B302 in Yellow Blaze, IMO, that color is just sharp in direct sunlight and really shows off the body lines. Someday….

Best of luck with your new B302!

ATX5.0

Established Member
Congrats on the B302!

Another one here who likes the 12-13 B302’s. I myself will be getting one someday.

I’m more for the 12 than the 13, but for me it’s just personal preference to have more “raw” in the 12 and the exterior aesthetics of the 12 over the 13. What I mean by “raw” is, the basic gauge set, less “digital gadgets” than the 13, etc. More or less just basic performance oriented “car” than all the doodads that were introduced into 13 (which eventually carried into 14 and the S550’s.

I belong to the B302 forum and lots of great folks there too as well as the TMO forum where there was quite a bit of B302 Owners who tracked their rides.

I’ve been watching the 12 B302 in Yellow Blaze, IMO, that color is just sharp in direct sunlight and really shows off the body lines. Someday….

Best of luck with your new B302!
I like both MY as well, previously owned a 12GT.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Could you tell a noticeable difference with the lightweight flywheel?

The felt like it revved faster, but it also revved decently quick before the flywheel. I did that at the same time as the clutch kit. I wouldn't say it's a necessity, but a nice to have. Now the upgraded clutch and shifter WERE a necessity.

Users who are viewing this thread