New wheels and tires are on!

jking32

Established Member
I just got my AFS 18x9 and 18x10.5 wheels on. Vredestein sessanta tires seem to have alot of grip compared to the Fuzion ZR1's that were on the car when I bought it. The true test will come this weekend when I push them to the limit at the autocross.

DSC1038_edited-123.jpg

DSC2861editsmall.jpg

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
Looks good! I bought black chrome 18X9 18x10.5 AFS wheels for my 2003 DSG Roush (When I had it). I liked how they filled the fender well in the back up. Btw nice Roush Wing :thumbsup:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Chrome looks great on Sonic Blue. The rear tire seems to be a little stretched on the wheel. What size tires are you running?

HASFANGS

Established Member
Like it! Very clean. Always thought chrome wheels on SB look the best.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I really like how what you've done to your car. Nice ride height. Rear spoiler is different. And the color. Nothing more to say about it. Sonic Blue is one of those colors that speaks for itself. :)

Are you running the stock exhaust? I don't see an exhaust mod in your signature.

jking32

Established Member
The car has stock exhaust.

I debated on the wing for some time. I think they look great on the Roush cars, but was not sure how it was going to look with the 03 Cobra. I liked the way it came out. I bought a new decklid and wing and have my original unmolested decklid in storage. I like both setups, I just think the Roush wing looks great on the 99-04 cars.

I did not want to change wheel styles as my 17x9 chrome wheels looked good, I just wanted the subtle size increase in diameter and wider rear. The rear tire is currently a 295/35/18 as that is what was in the package I bought. My original plan was to buy the wheels seperate and put the Falken RT-615's on them, but that was going to cost around $600 more and I just could not swing it. The Vredesteins have received great reviews from the few reviews and discussions I have been able to find, they just have not been in the US much. My next set will probably be 315's though.

I originally wanted to just buy the 17x10.5" wheels for the back and be done with it, but tire selection sucks for those wheels.

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
That tread pattern reminds me of the Sumitomo HTRZII's. Looks goon man!!

jking32

Established Member
Last edited:

jking32

Established Member
Well now the down side!! I went out for a spin last night and got on it pretty good. These tires hooked up and I took off and then I noticed the smell of clutch. Looks like my 50,300 mile stock clutch just met its match. I never had it happen with the fuzions, they would just spin. It happened again this morning so....hopefully it will hold through the weekend autocross abuse and I just ordered a CF DF clutch and Fidanza Flywheel from Summit Racing.

mrose75

Established Member
Good with the bad huh?? You have a clean @ss SB. Wheels look good. Not feeling the wing, but I'm nobody, so do your thing!!!

jking32

Established Member
The brakes are Roush Alcon 4 piston calipers on stock 13" brembo rotors. I picked the calipers up on Ebay years ago. These were one of 10 prototype sets made for Roush, for the 01 stage 3 cars. I had custom brackets machined.

Users who are viewing this thread