New tune/intake/shifter 2013GT6M

Gradyh

WTB MY21/22 order
Established Member
So I just had surgery and will not be able to ride for almost a full year. So I listed my Ducati for sale and the wife approved me to spend some money on mods.

We ordered a Borla S-Type and have a couple videos, Look under username Gcooper9 on youtube if you would like to hear.

After I sold my Ducati I ordered a custom bama tuner, and a barton 2 post bracket. I installed the bracket, one handed, in just under 30 minutes. I had wanted to spend my alloted money on an MGW shifter but my wife has been dying for an intake as she is in love with the sound it makes. So to keep the wife happy, wink wink, I ordered a Steeda intake from a fellow forum member, got a great deal and still had money left over for the required tuner/tune and a barton 2 post.

Before this weekend I had been so used to driving the car with just the Borla's, that I had forgotten what it was like to have real throttle response. I called bama and got an updated 93 Hybrid tune. I am extremely satisfied with the results. We originally started wanting to get a tuner to take away some low speed bucking in 1st gear upon cold start up. With the tune it has completely changed the feel and fixed my main issue with the bucking feeling(this bucking was my wifes main complaint with our 5.0). I have tried the 93 race tune and the 93 hybrid tune. The 93H tune is extremely easy to drive with great street manners and lots of power on tap. the best part is that the car now feels like it has a throttle cable instead of a wire. this makes driving the car 1000 times more comfortable/easier to drive. Once I get promoted I plan to try other tunes, BBR tune next, and of course some of that AED Kool-Aid!!!:banana:

The Barton 2 post like I said was extremely easy to install and it has done exactly as I wanted it to do. I am sure the MGW would have been an end all fix but I wanted to spend some more money on the car while still keeping the wife happy.

In conclusion thanks SVTP for all the knowledge it helped me decide and make choices I am EXTREMELY happy with while not wasting money on bad mods. Also thank you to American Muscle and reevesj1(Jon) for fast shipping and some top notch parts.

Rock on and glad I finally got some good mods on!

Last edited:

Bokeo

Established Member
Nice write up and for sure a cool wife. Has she driven it yet? Also, what color is your 13?

Ratchet

Established Member
Nice selection on mods... I went for the MGW shifter, airaid intake and just this week installed my 91oct tune from JPC... Lovin it so far, driveability is great... Got rid of the cold start bucking, mind you I only had that a couple times before anyways, and it took about .5 seconds off my 0-60 as well. Looking forward to testing it at the track. You may want to check out the JPC tune as well. I used my Intune for it.. Not sure if they use SCT. :beer:

Gradyh

WTB MY21/22 order
Established Member
Our car is Performance White. and actually it is her Car. She just knows I love driving it all the time.

Gradyh

WTB MY21/22 order
Established Member
Nice write up and for sure a cool wife. Has she driven it yet? Also, what color is your 13?

Nice selection on mods... I went for the MGW shifter, airaid intake and just this week installed my 91oct tune from JPC... Lovin it so far, driveability is great... Got rid of the cold start bucking, mind you I only had that a couple times before anyways, and it took about .5 seconds off my 0-60 as well. Looking forward to testing it at the track. You may want to check out the JPC tune as well. I used my Intune for it.. Not sure if they use SCT. :beer:

they are on the list of ones I want to try for sure. Glad you finally got some use out of that intune!

Ratchet

Established Member
they are on the list of ones I want to try for sure. Glad you finally got some use out of that intune!
Lol... couldn't sell the damn thing. So I figured that if JPC could get the PID code to line up so it would stop throwing a P0605 CEL I would have them tune the car to get rid of the Tq limiting and do up a 91 tune for me. Still trying to get it on a dyno but that has been tricky so far the last week or so.:beer:

Rct851

Established Member
When ordering a sct loaded with bama tunes from American muscle, is that tuner "unlocked" so I could try an AED tune down the road?

Funny5.0

Established Member
When ordering a sct loaded with bama tunes from American muscle, is that tuner "unlocked" so I could try an AED tune down the road?

Yup this is the route I took. I figured why not get the SCT tuner through American Muscle since it comes with the free Bama tunes to hold me over while until I get the AED tune and other bolt-ons.

So far I've tried 3 tunes and all worlds better than the stock or Ford Racing tune which felt sluggish to me:

93 Performance - Not bad but not great. No ping.
93 Race- Felt quick in all gears at any rpm but had a (I think)very slight ping around 3-4k rpms. I will be contacting American Muscle about this.
93 Hybrid Race - My favorite so far. Almost like 93 race but no ping at all.

The only thing I missed from the Ford Racing tune was the engine break effect when you let off the gas. Besides that the gains were minimal and it pinged like a mother under a heavy load. Overall not worth it to me.
I had bucking at real low speeds like the op but with the Ford Racing tune only not when stock.
My son has the Ford tune as well on his 5.0 and loves it but his doesn't ping...
I bet once he drives my car he's going to want a real tune.

Last edited:

Rct851

Established Member
Yup this is the route I took. I figured why not get the SCT tuner through American Muscle since it comes with the free Bama tunes to hold me over while until I get the AED tune and other bolt-ons.

So far I've tried 3 tunes and all worlds better than the stock or Ford Racing tune which felt sluggish to me:

93 Performance - Not bad but not great. No ping.
93 Race- Felt quick in all gears at any rpm but had a (I think)very slight ping around 3-4k rpms. I will be contacting American Muscle about this.
93 Hybrid Race - My favorite so far. Almost like 93 race but no ping at all.

The only thing I missed from the Ford Racing tune was the engine break effect when you let off the gas. Besides that the gains were minimal and it pinged like a mother under a heavy load. Overall not worth it to me.
I had bucking at real low speeds like the op but with the Ford Racing tune only not when stock.
My son has the Ford tune as well on his 5.0 and loves it but his doesn't ping...
I bet once he drives my car he's going to want a real tune.

good to know the bama has some advantages over stock. but my question wasnt answered, do you know for sure if your tuner can readily have another tuners tune's loaded onto it as is? or is it somehow "mated" to only being able to have bama tunes?

in other words are you only $250 away from an aed tune?

Funny5.0

Established Member
good to know the bama has some advantages over stock. but my question wasnt answered, do you know for sure if your tuner can readily have another tuners tune's loaded onto it as is? or is it somehow "mated" to only being able to have bama tunes?

in other words are you only $250 away from an aed tune?

As far as I know yes.
This is why I said I bought the SCT tuner through American Muscle. Why not get some free tunes to try out while I'm at it...

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
Not sure how she gets to enjoy it unless you park it in front of the kitchen window...

Lmao! Wow man you had me rollin

For the OP congrats on the parts. I like the part where your financial counterpart "approved" your purchases. I have to request authorization too! The good thing is she basically says yes to everything since she knows I love cars so damn much.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread