New Truck Day! 1979 Chevy C10 content...

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
Since I'm putting the Cobra in the shop shortly for new paint and the Tahoe goes in this week to get the hail dents taken out of it, I figured I'd grab a beater and have a work truck for when I need to move a couch.

I heard of someone selling this C10 on the cheap so I go check it out. Much to my surprise, under the hood sits a late model 454, TH400 w/3000 stall and a strangely adapted Kenne Bell Twin Screw. Apparently this guy built it and let it sit in storage for a while. He couldn't get it to start or hold air in the air bags. Took me 10 minuets to figure it out, another hour to fix it and the deal was done. It's been tuned and it runs pretty good, no hickups or other nonsense.

Interior is perfect and the body is straight as can be. No waves, no dents. Paint itself was screaming for help but I got that covered. A few days behind the rotary will fix it. I've already ordered a complete front/rear suspension kit to replace the front bags.

Thoughts?
1979ChevyC10-9.jpg

1979ChevyC10-8.jpg

1979ChevyC10-14.jpg

1979ChevyC10-15.jpg

Hood before:
1979ChevyC10-17.jpg

Hood after: (the dots are just compounding dust)
1979ChevyC10-18.jpg

Last edited:

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
Not really a fan of the bags and it wasn't set up all that well. Instead of an onboard compressor, there is a welding type tank in the bed that holds the nitrogen.

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
ohhhhhhh did it kinda ghetto.

Yeah, it works and they hold air now but I would have to refill the tank and it's supposedly about $40 per fill. No idea how long that will last but I'm not going to find out.

I'm going to keep it semi lowered though. Might stick the 20's that are on my Tahoe on this and put the stock wheels back on it for the meantime.

Anyone have any idea how to tell what year the 454 came out of? I haven't looked closely under the block just yet.

And what about the KB charger? Since this is a rigged set up, anyone know of a good intake that will properly fit the KB? Not looking for stupid high performance or anything like that, just don't care for the rigged appearance.

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
Any vids of it? Besides the wheels that thing is sick!

Not yet. It's too damn windy today to even attempt it either. I'll get one up this week and post it up.

Needs more cam though. :rockon:

The thing about the truck that surprised me the most (besides the price) was how clean it is. Whoever painted this thing did an excellent job. Hell, even the AC system works. Now just gotta decide what to do with it.

Last edited:

paradigm

Established Member
Swap the rims, and definitely the box back to stock if you decide to keep it for the long term.. other than that it looks good.

Users who are viewing this thread