New Track Car off the rack and on the dyno - (Non-SVT)

Stop&turnFreak

Established Member
So, here is the latest on my track toy build. If you remember, I started this thread right around the holidays, which showed all the upgrades, and new pieces going into my new track toy build.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...th-a-pallet-Track-car-build-part-2&highlight=

Well, the car is back together, and being broken in now. The weight is down significantly, the bracing and swaybars are improved, the coil-overs are getting refreshed, and the motor, diff, trans, and t-case have all been redone. We put the car on the dyno and were shocked at the numbers. On less than 20psi, the car was breaking 400awhp, with no struggling at all. I posted the last run of the evening, which is where we set the car for break-in and the first track events. We were hoping for just over 400 on pump gas, but blew that out of the water. First pull on low boost, track tune, was 484awhp. We tweaked the response, and some other pieces and settled on 490whp. With the weight down around 2500-2600 with me in the car, it will scream and should be as quick as pretty much anything on-track. I am looking at upgrading the aero and adding a full-cage before my first event in late Feb. With all who responded to my first thread, I thought an update was in order with a quick vid. (**note link between pics)

engine.jpg

[video]https://youtu.be/d6RdhNABzqY[/video]

FullSizeRender.jpg
Enjoy!

Last edited:

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
What was smoothing set to on that graph?

That's a strong car, it will be fast. Those cars make pretty much everything look silly, consistently, at the Optima challenge.

Stop&turnFreak

Established Member
Not sure what the scaling is set too, but it does feel good and strong. Not ripping fast like a V8, but it pulls all the way up to 9k really hard.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
NICE power. That's got to be a blast to drive. Man, 9K! Yep, gotta be a blast to drive. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread