New toy

skinsand

Established Member
Just recently got a Ground industries mountain board, probobly will upgrade to channel trucks or a better board eventually. Anyone else do it? definately a blast.

1001262mp2.jpg

1001279yq3.jpg

1001278qr1.jpg

skinsand

Established Member
A mountain board is pretty much a huge, indestructable skateboard with foot bindings and inflatable off road tires you ride anywhere you want - its fun as hell. I take mine to parks, and golf courses right now, will probobly start hitting mtn bike trails soon. Anywhere with hills is fun. Some people even hook up kitesurfing trainer kites to em...

heres a pro vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDLD03XNVXc&mode=related&search=

:beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're one brave dude! You'd never catch me riding on a skateboard with wheels. AND with my feet secured in a binding! LOL! So is it hard to use one of these compared to a skateboard, or skis?

byeofcr

Established Member
i can tell you from experience, falling sucks balls on those things.. it seems to me that i could only manage to get one foot out of the binding, which in turn would cause one leg to get dragged while the other, still in the binding, would slid around and contorted itself in such a way my own legs tangled in some crazy pretzel way which left me to believe that my testicles were surely in a way not meant to be..

..not to mention you slam hard on your shoulder too...with this board attached to you its pretty embarassing when you hit the ground on your stomach, suddenly stop then your legs and the board continues to travel until it connects with the back of your head and makes a sound only a skull can make when it hits skateboard.

Last edited by a moderator:

Leeroy697

Established Member
BYEOFCR said:
i can tell you from experience, falling sucks balls on those things.. it seems to me that i could only manage to get one foot out of the binding, which in turn would cause one leg to get dragged while the other slid around and contorted itself in such a way my own legs tangled in some crazy pretzel way which left me to believe that my testicles were surely in a way not meant to be..

..not to mention you slam hard on your shoulder too...with this board attached to you its pretty embarassing when you hit the ground on your stomach, suddenly stop then your legs and the board continues to travel until it connects with the back of your head and makes a sound only a skull can make when it hits skateboard.

You just summed up why I will never get one!!:lol:

skinsand

Established Member
BYEOFCR said:
i can tell you from experience, falling sucks balls on those things.. it seems to me that i could only manage to get one foot out of the binding, which in turn would cause one leg to get dragged while the other, still in the binding, would slid around and contorted itself in such a way my own legs tangled in some crazy pretzel way which left me to believe that my testicles were surely in a way not meant to be..

LMAO thats awsome dude

I have only eaten it twice so far - and yeah the bindings make for some weird crashes haha

I nearly faceplanted on some sandy grassy hill the first time - was going at a pretty good clip and didnt have a chance to pull my feet out. Wouldnt have mattered anyway, board was going way faster than i could run.

BTW Pro riders do 40mph downhill :burnout:

:beer:

Thanks for the complements

Users who are viewing this thread