New to SVTP in Mobile, AL.

gbranton

Resu Deretsiger
Established Member
As the title says, I live in Mobile, AL. I have been a Mustang owner on and off (mostly on) since 1984. Highlights include a '94 Cobra, an '01 Bullitt and an '03 Mach 1 that I owned for just over seven years. I currently own two Stangs:

A 1993 SSP coupe Reef Blue/Opal Gray which is currently awaiting the arrival of new seat foams to complete the interior. Engine is lightly modded with heads, cam, GT-40 intake, headers, ect.

The other is a 1986 GT with t-tops, black/gray, bone stock right now, just finished a near complete renovation of the interior, including seat upholstery, foam, carpets, headliner, ect, but is bone stock (slow) mechanically.

I came here hoping to meet some people, see some cars, do some reading and eventually sell the coupe (and maybe the '86 as well) to make room for a Termi or GT-500, preferable a GT-500.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Welcome to SVTP from New Jersey, looking forward to the pics. I would hold out for the GT500, but I may have a bias..

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Welcome to SVTPerformance Glenn! Your '86 and '83 Mustangs sound nice. I see that you used to own a '94 Cobra and an '03 Mach 1 (and the '01 Bullitt). Why did you sell those for two older Mustangs? Just curious.

Enjoy your stay here and hope you get that future GT500 (or Terminator). :)

gbranton

Resu Deretsiger
Established Member
I see that you used to own a '94 Cobra and an '03 Mach 1 (and the '01 Bullitt). Why did you sell those for two older Mustangs? Just curious.

Ex-girlfriend was hit head on in the Cobra by a Suburban and the car was totaled. She was ok just bumps and bruises.

I traded in the Bullitt on the Mach 1.

I sold the Mach 1 in and put the money in the bank, that's part of my (hopefully) GT-500 fund. In the past five years I had only put a couple thousand miles on the Mach 1 and I already had the two foxes. There were too many cars in the yard. The coupe I've had for six years and the '86 about four. I also sold a 1990 GT vert a couple of years ago that I had owned for eleven years.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ex-girlfriend was hit head on in the Cobra by a Suburban and the car was totaled. She was ok just bumps and bruises.

I traded in the Bullitt on the Mach 1.

I sold the Mach 1 in and put the money in the bank, that's part of my (hopefully) GT-500 fund. In the past five years I had only put a couple thousand miles on the Mach 1 and I already had the two foxes. There were too many cars in the yard. The coupe I've had for six years and the '86 about four. I also sold a 1990 GT vert a couple of years ago that I had owned for eleven years.

Interesting car history. Thanks for sharing with us. Glad your girlfriend wasn't hurt bad in that head-on collision with the Suburban.

Users who are viewing this thread