New to me 2004 6.0

tj04cobra

Established Member
I've been working for a Power Stroke repair shop here in Houston for a while now (Power Stroke Magic if you want to look us up) and I finally got around to picking a super duty. So with the help of my boss, huge help I must say, I got this little diamond in the rough today.

f250.jpg

It is an 04 ccsb lariat 6.0 with 139,900 miles. If you have read my other posts in this section, your's truly wouldn't have it any other way with the motor selection!! I wanted a 2wd and this thing has about all I could ask for. The leather is in good shape. It is by no means perfect because the bed needs a couple dents fixed but the cab is damn near perfect. Needs different steps.

Oasis shows that thing wasn't molested too bad, it's in good hands now! The hot side cac flew off at the turbo on the test drive!! :lol:. So I limped it on back to the shop after I got it and replaced both the top and bottom boots.

The egr will be blocked asap and all the fluids and filters will be changed with all motorcraft stuff. Also a new coolant reservoir to dress it up under the hood as well as the ability to see in the damn thing.

I won't be towing with it any time soon or ever so the ass end on the thing will need to be lowered something fierce! I ain't made of money either so mods will come slow but it will eventually be your typical studded, deleted, innovative tuned, powermax havin 6.0

Last edited:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I like it. I went with them 'cause a friend at work had an Innovative tune. I'm going to try QuickTricks (Vivian's tunes) here shortly. Looking to pick up some MPG. I get about 12 in DC traffic right now, and I drive it like a truck...not a race car.

tj04cobra

Established Member
Yikes! I haven't even ran enough diesel thru mine yet to calculate it. I need to block my EGR asap!!! The valve is starting to act up. I need to block it and clean the turbo then go thru all the fluids. Coolant filter is towards the top of the list as well. I think I want the system that the dieselsite has to offer. I've installed a few and like their filter base the best.

Ah but the list is getting longer and longer haha. I just have to be patient. I got an 08 tailgate saturday that needs to be painted when I get the bed fixed, im pretty excited about that. I want to find an 08 rear bumper and tail lights next.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I have the sinister coolant filter and haven't had any issues. I think either works they same.

---
- Ryan
Sent from Outer Space

Users who are viewing this thread