New to L's. What kills the motor under high boost?

Mark185

Established Member
I just bought a lightning with a 6lb lower and ported eaton. When the throttle is open the wideband reads in the 10.5 -11.0 a/f range. So is detonation the killer of these motors, or is the bottom end just not strong enough? I love the power it has i'm just paranoid about longevity. :shrug:

BT2001SVT

I'm an Agent of CHAOS!!
Established Member
The factory rods are for the birds. As stated earlier, get a good tune and keep it around 450RWP and you should be good to go for the long haul.

BT

Z7What

Powered By Eaton
Established Member
Your A/F is on the rich side which makes it even safer, you should be ok. Did you ask the guy you bought it from who tuned it?

Wayne

Z7What