New to CT

Evs04Snake

Established Member
Hi folks.
I recently moved to Enfield from Maryland.
I haven't seen any SVT products yet but I've only been here 1 week.
What shops are recommended for cobra's?
Any cruises coming up soon?
Thanks for your help.
Ev

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
There is a good group of guys in the area. They should key in eventually. Welcome to the area. We have some good cruises nothing crazy. Post osme pics of your TR

My2003Mach1

Established Member
Welcome to New England EVS04Snake... I'm Jon.. from Torrington, CT (west of you, 45 mins)

There is an abundance of car shows, a few cruises and meet ups through out the year.

As far as things go up round here this time of year, its "storage" time. (unless your Cobra is a daily driver).
Its going to get very snowy soon and the roads turn to shit with frost heave and the salt/cal they put down. (you picked one of the coldest spots in CT to live lol)

I would NOT recommend ANY shops in the State Of Connecticut.. (IMO they are way over priced and lack experience and knowledge)

Other members will surely chime in on which shops are the favorites.

My pick hands down is Pete at Performance dyno. which is about 2 1/2 to 3 hours north of you in New Hampshire. (very clean shop, professional, very practical pricing, knowledgeable and will take excellent care of your Cobra.)

Are you a Football Fan? Ravens or Redskins?

There are a lot of good guys up this way... and this new england board stays pretty active.

Welcome to the area.. msg me anytime....

f2hatch

Established Member
Welcome to ct. Why would you move here? I'm in Meriden not to far from you.

Evs04Snake

Established Member
There is a good group of guys in the area. They should key in eventually. Welcome to the area. We have some good cruises nothing crazy. Post osme pics of your TR

Thanks for the welcome. I dont have any pics right now, I'll get some soon.

Welcome to New England EVS04Snake... I'm Jon.. from Torrington, CT (west of you, 45 mins)

There is an abundance of car shows, a few cruises and meet ups through out the year.

As far as things go up round here this time of year, its "storage" time. (unless your Cobra is a daily driver).
Its going to get very snowy soon and the roads turn to shit with frost heave and the salt/cal they put down. (you picked one of the coldest spots in CT to live lol)

I would NOT recommend ANY shops in the State Of Connecticut.. (IMO they are way over priced and lack experience and knowledge)

Other members will surely chime in on which shops are the favorites.

My pick hands down is Pete at Performance dyno. which is about 2 1/2 to 3 hours north of you in New Hampshire. (very clean shop, professional, very practical pricing, knowledgeable and will take excellent care of your Cobra.)

Are you a Football Fan? Ravens or Redskins?

There are a lot of good guys up this way... and this new england board stays pretty active.

Welcome to the area.. msg me anytime....

Thanks Jon. Yeah, not looking forward to the winters up here. There has to be some decent shops around the area (fingers crossed). Im Just looking for a good shop for maintanence type work.
Loyal Redskins fan here.

Welcome to ct. Why would you move here? I'm in Meriden not to far from you.

Thanks for the welcome. Had to move here for employment.

Pics...... And some more Pics. Welcome to New England

Thanks for the welcome. I'll get pics soon.

FuturaGuy

Established Member
Welcome to Connecticut, the Tax-You-To-Death State. I'm just down the road from you in Windsor and my mother used to live in Enfield.

Seriously, there is a lot of automotive activity around here, at least during the warm weather. There are 3 Mustang shows per year at Mustangs Unlimited in Manchester, there's a cruise every Monday night from May to September, weather permitting, at Mark's in East Granby just west of Bradley Airport, and the Late Model Mustang Club of Connecticut has a great spring cruise. Smokin' Stangs in Laconia, NH, in September is only 3 hours away, and once a month, Wayne Carini ("Chasing Classic Cars" on cable TV) has open house at his place, F40 Motor Sports, in Portland, CT. There are lots of other events as well, so if you get bored don't blame us. There's plenty going on.

Last edited:

My2003Mach1

Established Member
Loyal Redskins fan here.

Nice... "we" didn't look good yesterday. Loyal Redskins fan here too... We have a future having Robert Griffin III.. butI'm not too sure if its too bright having the Shanahan's and Jim Haslett at the helm...

HTTR! :beer:

SVT GT

Established Member
Welcome to CT! I will agree that the dyno shops in CT suck. I just went to Pete at Performance Dyno two seeks ago to get my turbo tuned.....even though it was a four hour drive for me. Also go over to LMMC-CT and sign up. We have two pretty good size cruises a year and are a bunch of local and helpful people. Letting people know about other shops, cruises, shows, swap meets, builds, etc etc. Not only Mustangs but local/state happenings, house work, boats, etc etc are all discussed on there. Hope to see ya at the shows next year!

f2hatch

Established Member
Another turbo cobra? You really think the lmmc-ct as anything to offer?

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
Give Dave Rowland a call over @ mustang Madness Motorsports, hes in Portland CT hes a good guy works on mustangs only he knows his shit has 40 years of experience.
His number is (203)-278-4584 or (860)-274-6522 or (860)-342-2400 Tell him Jeff sent you.

SVT GT

Established Member
Not a Cobra and never said it was, just using the front bumper as with the SteedaQ400 hood for more air flow. Turbo Mustangs are out there in CT but they are very few and that is including all the turbo foxbodies, sn-95s, and new edges put together. LMMC-CT has a lot to offer more than the other local Mustang forums in CT. Its a community that is willing to help not just with cars. I myself have helped others out as well in giving advice and selling parts I have / had at better prices than I would put on nation wide forums. The advice you get and offers to help truly make LMMC-CT a helpful community, as opposed to other Mustang forums in CT that don't go the extra mile. Local and state happenings are discussed as well as house and boating projects. Local supporting businesses for the forum also offer discounts for their products and services.
LMMC used to put on some huge cars shows and was well organized to the point where other clubs and people from near by states would show up. Trophies, food, raffles, d/j, people selling crafts and other items. Also had an annual fall club dinner but these have stopped a couple of years ago because no one really had the time anymore to set these up. So now its just the spring and fall club cruises and cruises to car shows.

f2hatch

Established Member
I Never said that you called it cobra I was going from the pic in your Sig. You can keep the lmmc for as long it's run by the same guy.

SVT GT

Established Member
You asked if it was by looking at the sig pic and I responded that's all. Its not even if I presumed you said I called it a Cobra, I was just letting you now. If you didn't like the owners of the site then why even inquire about it...know what don't answer that its no big deal to each their own. The op was asking for places around and seems maybe he would have liked to converse or hang out with like minded folk. I was being helpful in offering a site that provides that. Now that mine is up and running hope to also see you at few shows also! Would be cool to see another turbo Cobra. The last 03 turbo Cobra owner I knew in CT sold his about a year or so ago.

OldTimer

An Old Drag Racer
Established Member
EV...

Welcome to New England. I'm in Longmeadow, next town over. I'm a Lightning guy, but Josh [JTBtheWelder] aka BergyD is in Enfield and he has a red Terminator used to have a built Lightning.

Personally, I use Paul Albino owner of Total Induction Tuning Solutions in South Windsor, CT to tune my truck. Paul has an immaculate shop does beautiful work, and when he's not at the shop he's a crew chief for Charles Carpenter's big bad chevy pro mod team. Paul has a Dynojet dyno and tunes everything from Mustangs to Lightnings to street rods. SInce you are this close, you should at least stop by this weekend and check out the shop as Paul's doing his annual dyno day bbq and we are expecting 30-45 Lightnings and a handful of Mustangs. Paul's personal toy is a 10-second single turbo Lightning that is currently being upgraded to a 32V Aluminum GT block and twin turbos.

Paul has tuned for folks in CT, RI, MA, NY and who knows where else. I would at least check out the shop and meet the owner.

Mike

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
Give Dave Rowland a call over @ mustang Madness Motorsports, hes in Portland CT hes a good guy works on mustangs only he knows his shit has 40 years of experience.
His number is (203)-278-4584 or (860)-274-6522 or (860)-342-2400 Tell him Jeff sent you.

And Christian :beer:, guy is great, very very very reasonably priced, and does excellent work.

I Never said that you called it cobra I was going from the pic in your Sig. You can keep the lmmc for as long it's run by the same guy.

Agreed!

EV...

Welcome to New England. I'm in Longmeadow, next town over. I'm a Lightning guy, but Josh [JTBtheWelder] aka BergyD is in Enfield and he has a red Terminator used to have a built Lightning.

Personally, I use Paul Albino owner of Total Induction Tuning Solutions in South Windsor, CT to tune my truck. Paul has an immaculate shop does beautiful work, and when he's not at the shop he's a crew chief for Charles Carpenter's big bad chevy pro mod team. Paul has a Dynojet dyno and tunes everything from Mustangs to Lightnings to street rods. SInce you are this close, you should at least stop by this weekend and check out the shop as Paul's doing his annual dyno day bbq and we are expecting 30-45 Lightnings and a handful of Mustangs. Paul's personal toy is a 10-second single turbo Lightning that is currently being upgraded to a 32V Aluminum GT block and twin turbos.

Paul has tuned for folks in CT, RI, MA, NY and who knows where else. I would at least check out the shop and meet the owner.

Mike

Another +1, Paul is a great guy, tuned my Old cobra, did a great job, very easy to deal with and gives you options of what to do if a problem arises so you can pay him, or try and fix it yourself and save a few bucks.

Also, welcome to CT, there are 10 of us here in the Waterbury Area and we always cruise around and do pulls and go to shows. Message me if you want my # to meet up sometime before the snow falls or next year!

OldTimer

An Old Drag Racer
Established Member
Another one of Paul's personal toys... a 2200HP TT Mustang.

66679ff5.jpg

Last year's Dyno Day BBQ Star... Matias's [MISTERgadget] single turbo Lightning making 879RWHP on his street tune for #93 octane. Paul had just finished installing/baseline tuning the all-new turbo system, big stuff, and a Hughes GM tranny in the Lightning. Matias is making 1048 RWHP on his track tune.

MISTERgadget on Total Induction Dyno

Come out Saturday and see what shows up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread