New Tire Option: Vredestein

LSWon00

ATC ZTL
Established Member
For those of you guys who run stock(ish) size tires if you're like me you're always looking for options other than the Goodyears that won't break the bank. Vredestein, is a European tire manufacturer who makes a very good product. I've run the Vredestein Sessanta tires on my old BMW and Z28 with very good result. They wear well and provide good grip and wet handling. The prices I've found on them place them just slightly above the F1 Supercar Gen 1's. They run a little narrow so going a size up from stock should be no issue. Thought this may help some of you guys.

Vredestein Site:
Home - Vredestein

Here's a couple of Euro Tire Review sites:

Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta | the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta reviewed and rated | the online tyre guide

Test reports for car summer tyres Vredestein - ULTRAC SESSANTA

P.S. Maybe this is old news and you all already knew about these, I've just never saw them mentioned on here.

Last edited:

fullboogie

Established Member
Guy at the car show: "What kind of tires do you run?"
Me: "F1 Supercars. What do you run?"

Guy at the car show: "Vredensteins"
Me: "Oh. Sorry to hear that"

J/K around, man.

IA Shelby

Established Member
Guy at the car show: "What kind of tires do you run?"
Me: "F1 Supercars. What do you run?"

Guy at the car show: "Vredensteins"
Me: "Oh. Sorry to hear that"

J/K around, man.

Sadly, I think it is us with goodyears that deserve the sympathy.

fullboogie

Established Member
I agree! But you have to admit that "F1 Supercars" sounds much cooler to the Average Joe than "Vredensteins."

LSWon00

ATC ZTL
Established Member
You guys are missing the point if you run Vredesteins you get to be Euro trash and wear track suits everywhere!

THIS COULD BE YOU!!

fitplaza_tracksuit.png

J/K

I know they're not known here but they really are a good tire and its just another option.

Last edited:

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
I thought track suits were IN ...... Damn it....

So what's do special about the Du-Hast-Mich tires???

LSWon00

ATC ZTL
Established Member
Nothing other than they're good and not as expensive as some of the other Summer tires out there.

BTW I like the Rammstein reference.

sweet99

Established Member
Anyone currently using these tires? My '99GT has an '03 Cobra motor which makes the first 2 gears of the T56 worthless with anything but the lightest amount of throttle. I'd like to know if these Dutch tires are as good as the NITTO drag radials in straight line traction.
I read how well liked the DOT legal road race tires are, the Proxes R888's but am not comfortable using them in regular interstate driving conditions. I'll leave those to the corresponding thread. thx, mARK

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
these tires are not comparable to a drag radial, they are a normal high performance summer tire with full tread and a reasonable wear rating

Users who are viewing this thread