New Times with the 01!!!

SnakeinMD

New Cobra hopefully soon!
Established Member
Hey Everyone, I just got back from Cecil County about an hour ago. Got my New times!!! These times are after the addition of my Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, 03 Cobra Aluminum Flywheel, and BFG Comp T/A Drag Radials. I am still not letting off the clutch quick enough and I am babying it on the shifts. I know there is still more left in there.

Run was with 30PSI in rear tires, 42 psi in fronts.

Temp 31 deg
Rel Humid 29
Baro 29.25

R/T .152
60' 2.035
330 5.574
1/8 8.532
MPH 82.75
1000 11.075
1/4 13.204
MPH 106.31

Let me know what you all think!?

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Joe, that's some good times dude. Knock that 60' down and you'll definetely set another record. :beer:

SnakeinMD

Established Member
Thanks Marlon! Any luck selling wheels yet? I wish I had the $$$, I would buy them. I have other things I am looking to purchase soon though. he he he...

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
SnakeinMD said:
Thanks Marlon! Any luck selling wheels yet? I wish I had the $$$, I would buy them. I have other things I am looking to purchase soon though. he he he...
lol, no luck yet, Joe! Maybe after the weekend....

TRBO VNM

congrats Joe, it will only get better with practice. I should be heading up that way soon since MIR is closing.

G03SVT

Banned
Nice, now you just have to give it hell and get that 12.

I heard Cecil wasn't packed at all today, one of my friends got 5 runs in this morning and said there was never no more then 3 cars in front of him.

SnakeinMD

Established Member
Man! I wish I didn't work today! I am defenitly in the market for my 12 second timeslip though! LOL. I will be up there next friday night and Every Sat I can before the end of the season. I wants 12's before I add anything else Damnit!

Still gonna be shooting for my goal of 11's before I add any power adders. I wanna get as much out of my current setup as possible. I will pull out some extra weight before next Friday. :)

mikeD4V

Established Member
congrats on the new best, i ran similar times at MIR a few weeks ago. you should be getting 12s all day when you cut that 60' down. i'm in the same boat as you, i want 12s with my current mods so i'll be at cecil this weekend..

jbp99cobra

Fly fat ass, fly!!!
Established Member
I might join ya for a few Friday & Saturdays... I am looking to get my N/A 12 before winter hits too (PB - 13.06).

I agree with Marlon... drop your 60' (& your rear tire psi) & you should be able to drop a couple more tenths.

mikeD4V

Established Member
jbp99cobra said:
I might join ya for a few Friday & Saturdays... I am looking to get my N/A 12 before winter hits too (PB - 13.06).

hopefully it stops raining this week so i can prep the car for this weekend. thinking about starting a new thread to see if anyone else wants to join up..

jbp99cobra

Fly fat ass, fly!!!
Established Member
I checked the 10 day forcast & the rain is supposed to be done by Thursday. Are you thinking of Friday night or Saturday?

mikeD4V

Established Member
i was thinking saturday morning's test and tune. i'm not sure what the friday night "street and grudge racing" scene is gonna look like. i do like the fact that fri night is cheaper but i'm not sure how many runs i could get in on fri night. never been to cecil so i don't know how crowded it gets..

SnakeinMD

Established Member
mikeD4V said:
i was thinking saturday morning's test and tune. i'm not sure what the friday night "street and grudge racing" scene is gonna look like. i do like the fact that fri night is cheaper but i'm not sure how many runs i could get in on fri night. never been to cecil so i don't know how crowded it gets..

This Friday is going to be packed. It is the last friday for the season. Although if it is snowing there won;t be many people there. :)

Users who are viewing this thread