New SVE Drag wheels

kevinp

Established Member
Exactly.

I've seen the financial threads around here so I know that there are plenty of people here making $30k/yr, driving around a $40k car, and they're in credit card debt up to their eyeballs because of modifications. I honestly don't care enough about some internet bragging contest to go into debt to modify my car.

Being able to do what I want, when I want, with a paid off car is more important to me than being financially disabled by a car that's modded to the hilt, that ultimately no one really cares about.

Anyway, I digress. A lot of affluent people aren't rich because they make a lot of money, they're rich because they don't spend money on stupid shit, i.e. they know how to save. Spending $2k for a set of tires and wheels to gain a couple tenths at the track is a poor decision.

Maybe spending 1500 for wheels and tires for a couple tenths (its hardly that much though if you can can hook on heavier wheels) is silly to some. But they way I look at it is:

I dont have to tear up my street tires and pray for traction at the track. Many people remove seats, add an expensice, vibrating driveshaft, noisy suspension parts, remove the back seat, add more power (and possibility of breaking something) etc. I can install a cheap set of drag wheels/tires just for the track, dont have to deal with driving around the water and backing up, not have to worry about getting a screw or a nail in an expensive 18/19/20" drag radial and when I'm all done with the car I can get 50-60 cents on the dollar back on them when I sell them off. Plus a set of MT drag radials will last for a couple years occasionally using them, they are more expensive than the wheels these days and dont last long if you drive on them a lot.

I know guys that open track their cars and have more in several sets of wheels and tires than their car is worth lol.

Its your money and you make your choice, different people have different priorities. But I agree its pretty silly to spend yourself into oblivion to impress people on the internet.

Last edited:

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
I think they look great!

qtp1.jpg

qtp3.jpg

qtp4.jpg

:rockon::rockon::rockon:
Tracy any plans on hitting up SAR soon?

Last edited:

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
:rockon::rockon::rockon:
Tracy any plans on hitting up SAR soon?

Probably next week. I went 2 weeks ago on a Wednesday night and track prep was hideous. :nonono: Maybe now that its warmer more people will be out racing and they'll step it up.

11dsgGT

Established Member
Exactly.

I've seen the financial threads around here so I know that there are plenty of people here making $30k/yr, driving around a $40k car, and they're in credit card debt up to their eyeballs because of modifications. I honestly don't care enough about some internet bragging contest to go into debt to modify my car.

Being able to do what I want, when I want, with a paid off car is more important to me than being financially disabled by a car that's modded to the hilt, that ultimately no one really cares about.

Anyway, I digress. A lot of affluent people aren't rich because they make a lot of money, they're rich because they don't spend money on stupid shit, i.e. they know how to save. Spending $2k for a set of tires and wheels to gain a couple tenths at the track is a poor decision.
It's not just wheels. Folks spend so much on the mustang, and it's a killer platform to mod on. You can easily be out $2.5k in no time trying to mod one of these with just the essential basics. $1k for wheels. Probably another $800 for tires for those wheels. Another $600-$700 for an offroad pipe/tuner/tune. And that's just the beginning. You gotta pay to play and with all the Paxtons/TVS/Turbos running around on this board, one could easily get the impression we have a lot of "internet millionaires" on here, but I'd bet there are far more "$30k millionaires" on these boards. That, and some people have priorities like children/families/etc. Personally, I could go buy a set of Bogarts today and be fine with that, but I won't even spend the money on race stars because I'm not gonna toss $1500 into a set of wheels/tires just for a number at the track.

I dont know why people bitch just to bitch. I hate reading and listening to it, especially in a forum that revolves around this hobby.

You should sell your mustang, so I dont have to read your ideals and opinions of other diehard mustang enthusiasts.

Last edited:

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
i dont know why people bitch just to bitch. I hate reading and listening to it, especially in a forum that revolves around this hobby.

You should sell your mustang, so i dont have to read your ideals and opinions of other diehard mustang enthusiasts.

+1

Users who are viewing this thread