New SVE Drag wheels

poof100

Established Member
No grinding required? I may be mistaken but I thought with the Boss' thicker sway bar, some grinding is necessary. Not wanting to do any grinding on the bar.

You might not have to grind with the stock LCA. Is your rear suspension all stock? I know on my Boss, with the BMR Relo LCA brackets and the sway bar relo brackets, there was some grinding that was needed. We are running the Stainless SVE wheels front/rear on my Boss, look sharp!

BrianDeTienne

Established Member
You might not have to grind with the stock LCA. Is your rear suspension all stock? I know on my Boss, with the BMR Relo LCA brackets and the sway bar relo brackets, there was some grinding that was needed. We are running the Stainless SVE wheels front/rear on my Boss, look sharp!

Yes, rear suspension is all stock. What color is your Boss? I know there is a Comp Orange one earlier in this thread and it looks killer with the black wheels front and rear.

Brian

poof100

Established Member
Yes, rear suspension is all stock. What color is your Boss? I know there is a Comp Orange one earlier in this thread and it looks killer with the black wheels front and rear.

Brian

The Boss rear sway bar is larger than the GT one, but if you are running stock LCA and no Relo brackets, you might not have to grind the bar with the Sway bar relo brackets, not sure. I know on mine, with the LCA Relo brackets and sway bar relo brackets, they ran into each other. I am running an Anti Roll Bar in the rear now, so no Sway bar, so the sway bar relo brackets are gone.

My Boss is White (2013). There are some pics of the car and the Dark Stainless wheels in one of the posts on here. Let me find them.

Hopefully this works:

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/p480x480/1385017_676326175731297_726791556_n.jpg

Last edited:

BrianDeTienne

Established Member
The Boss rear sway bar is larger than the GT one, but if you are running stock LCA and no Relo brackets, you might not have to grind the bar with the Sway bar relo brackets, not sure. I know on mine, with the LCA Relo brackets and sway bar relo brackets, they ran into each other. I am running an Anti Roll Bar in the rear now, so no Sway bar, so the sway bar relo brackets are gone.

My Boss is White (2013). There are some pics of the car and the Dark Stainless wheels in one of the posts on here. Let me find them.

Hopefully this works:

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/p480x480/1385017_676326175731297_726791556_n.jpg

Yep, it worked. Car looks bad azz......

streetone01

SVT
Established Member
Mine will be here Tuesday black 17 fronts 15 rears. All mounted and balanced. Anyone know how much weight they will save over brembo wheels.

Posted via Topify using Android

4VFTW

Established Member
Just for more confirmation, I received my SVE chrome drag wheels on Thursday and installed them yesterday. They are in stock.

Mine will be here Tuesday black 17 fronts 15 rears. All mounted and balanced. Anyone know how much weight they will save over brembo wheels.

yep mine will be here Tuesday also ...track passes wed night.

WHITEMACH

Established Member
Weight them all in install ......should be nice comparison

it saved 83lbs from my old rims and tires. my stock rims weighed 55lbs each(with tires), my sve fronts 17x4 weighed 29lbs each , and rears were 39.5lbs each(with tires)15x10
7akp.jpg

Last edited:

WHITEMACH

Established Member
Looks awesome bro! You going to the track tomorrow night?

I am switching to e-85 got 47lb inj and getting a new tune from steve and also have upgraded my nitrous shot.
but I am going to the need2speed rental dec 1 and probably the first cooler night in nov for testing!

Users who are viewing this thread