New style Cobra or 03/04?

Snkbyte

I'm the cream of the crop
Established Member
Well I want to get another Cobra, just not sure if I want to get another 03 or should I get the new style. What are the pros and cons of the new style? I know all about the 03 since I had one, just wondering if the new one is worth the cash. Is it easy to get them into the low 11's? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Will

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
03/04 without a doubt

But since you already had one, try something different.

Im sure this has been debated before.

canibus

Established Member
the gt500 is not a cobra, with that out of the way. from what a close friend tells me. The s197 is really wide and when you drive it, it feels huge. the cobra on the other hand feels more at home. i've been seeing a few gt500's at sticker so if you're one of those people who would prefer a new car. i'd say go that route

XtraTQ

Established Member
I don't think you can go wrong either way. Only downside to the GT500 is the price.

Snkbyte

Established Member
Ok so what kind of dyno/track numbers will the average GT500 put down? What about with mods?

Last edited:

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
I don't think you would find it very exciting going from a Cobra to a S197 GT. You would at least need to get a GT500 to get that Terminator smile back on your face.

Snkbyte

Established Member
I do like the GT500, only with different rims. I would get one, if I knew I could make it as fast or faster then my 03.

voodooo

BLK MAGIC
Established Member
I work at the plant that makes the gt500 and i do all the testing on them when they come of the line. I take them around the track at high speeds and i tell you that the front nose of the shelby is way heavier than the terminators. it also feels to big to me. since then i have bought a 03convertible cobra and done all the mods and i would not trade it for a shelby for nothing. Two of my buddies have bought the shelbys and did all the mods on them and they still like the way the o3-o4 look cause they look meaner and the performance is outstanding considering the price for the car. good luck with your choice and enjoy the momment. Nothing like a summer night hauling ass down the freeway in a convertible with 3babes in the car with you.

Snkbyte

Established Member
Hey thanks for the input voodoo. I really did like my 03, it was a very fun car. At least this time around I know how to mod it to satisfy my needs and goals.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
What new cobra is there? Cobra died in 04, when Coletti left SVT and SVT basically crumpled under the weight of Shelby. All is see is a sea of watered down land barges with Shelby monikers on them and Shelby markups.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Get the new Cobra a.k.a the GT500. It's better looking than the outdated 03/04s. You can go mid tens with just bolt ons and a pulley. No 03/04 can do that with the basic stuff. Heck even twinscrews have a hard time hitting 10s

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
What new cobra is there? Cobra died in 04, when Coletti left SVT and SVT basically crumpled under the weight of Shelby. All is see is a sea of watered down land barges with Shelby monikers on them and Shelby markups.

:rollseyes

get over yourself.

what a joke.

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
Get the new Cobra a.k.a the GT500. It's better looking than the outdated 03/04s. You can go mid tens with just bolt ons and a pulley. No 03/04 can do that with the basic stuff. Heck even twinscrews have a hard time hitting 10s
The GT500 is more responsive with simple bolt ons. Terminators aren't far behind. Even though the GT500 has the upper hand it also has the extra cash to go along with it.

...But I would love to have a 5.4 under my hood then a 4.6.

hmm

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread