New Squeaks, Developing In Front Of Car

etfhb

Established Member
my steering creek seems to be morphing into some other squeaks.

dealer tried to fix the steering creek, but it is back and i'm out of warranty.

i'm going to use the tackweld fix, that many have applauded, for the creek.

i want to know what is causing these new squeaks, car sounds like a rickety POS. :cuss:

Thought maybe the tie rods needed a visit from the greese gun, but i noticed zero improvement.

i did not find much when i searched, someone else must have this issue

TEABG

Banned
TSB
04-24-8 STEERING RACK NOISE

Publication Date: November 22, 2004

FORD: 2002-2004 Mustang

ISSUE:
Some 2002-2004 Mustang vehicles may exhibit a squeak or creak type noise while turning.

ACTION:
Replace the power steering gear tube bracket. Use only replacement parts that have a green paint dot. Torque the fasteners to 52 lb-ft (70 N-m).

PART NUMBER PART NAME
E5DZ-3K620-A Bracket

WARRANTY STATUS:
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage

Could be this also!

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yes you do, but some dealers are accomodating and will go the extra mile. Also, it is common for a dealer who does work on your car under warranty to do more work on the same issue if it reappears after the warranty expires, to a point. For example, my wife had an issue with her Mazda Millenia that the dealer fixed under warranty. Then after the warrany expired the issue popped up again. They told her they would take care of it, even though the warranty was up, because the issue had been reported and fixed prior. I'm sure there is a time limit of sorts when a dealer goes this extra mile to keep a customer satisfied.

Best of luck with your squeeks. Hopefully your dealer will work with you on the issue when they verify they worked on it once before under warranty.

etfhb

Established Member
thanks guys, for the help.

the funny thing is i could handle the steering creek since i knew what it was, but this

new sound bugs me because i do not know what it is. its completely different from the

steering creek that you get when driving up the driveway.

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
That TSB fixed my creak. I had taken it in 2 times previously with no resolution before the TSB came out - they fiddled with bushings and such. When they applied the TSB = shweet! Creaky-creak all gone!

etfhb

Established Member
some picks of things i did not like from under the car

looks like ford forgot a screw when working on my car

another screw looks loose from when subs were installed

could these bushings in pic cause the squeaks (usually hear when going very slow and the road is not flat
causing one side of the suspension to load up a little.)

this is not the steering creek/ crack from driveways; driveways will cause both to happen

i just wanted to look under the car again before i brought the car in.

shelbyguy, i will mention the upper mount on the strut when i go to the repair shop

thanks guys

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Doesn't only happen with Ford cars. The problem is the (sometimes) level of expertise in the mechanics responsible. I had hardware missing once on my Infiniti QX4. Dang dealer! LOL!

cobraCMDR

I Whine
Established Member
Yet more proof of why I never take my cars anywhere to get anything done to them except alignments and tire mounting. I don't even like taking them in for an inspection. Dealers and the chronies they hire and morons. I only trust myself. :mad:

YGETV8

Established Member
I have developed a rattle of sorts from the front end when going over bumps. I have had my front fascia off a couple times, so I recently jiggled the nose of the car and sure enough, that was it! I think the nut located a few inches behind the headlight assembly on one side may be loose, but other than that, I'm not sure how to get rid of it... ?

Users who are viewing this thread