New springs and new brakes.

SinisterSHO

Machine of Hate
Established Member
Finally got around to putting my cut Intrax springs onto my car. Also did a brake upgrad while I was in there. If you think they look familiar. They're 04 Mach 1 Calipers w/ 13" rotors.
143630680.jpg

143630698.jpg

My car is anything but clean right now, too. Now I just need to paint the calipers and get some nice lookin rotors.

SinisterSHO

Machine of Hate
Established Member
96lasersnake said:
very cool, do the cobra brakes bolt right up
Since my car was a 93. Not exactly. I needed to get knuckles from a 94/95 Taurus/Sable and then the Cobra calipers bolt right to that. The 93 and earlier knuckles have a built in bracket. I also had to have the rotors redrilled to fit my bolt pattern.

Thanks for the compliments. :rockon:

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Nice, good to see someone 'get their hands dirty' when a part doesnt directly fit. Good work man.

SinisterSHO

Machine of Hate
Established Member
Its actually a pretty common swap. A little more work for us guys with the 89-93 cars, but nothing outrageous. Its funny that you mention you dont see too many around like that. My car is parked next to a red 89 that has four piston Wilwoods on 2 piece 12.2" rotors. And my two friends from my home town also both have the Cobra/Mach 1 setup.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very impressive car you've got there. I got to drive an SHO once and was......impressed! One of the best cars Ford ever made IMO. I love the wheels and that hood!

Winglesscobra

Columbus/Kent State
Established Member
Nice looking car you have, I really like the way those brakes look with the wheels. Now you just need some drilled rotors to go with them.

SinisterSHO

Machine of Hate
Established Member
Drilled rotors would look nice. But after seeing a set of very cracked drilled rotors on a Contour SVT that was at the same track day as me. I think I'm going to stick with the solid, or get some that are slotted.

Users who are viewing this thread