New Sony Xperia Tablet Z versus iPad 4

CobRoush-00

Established Member
I am in the market for a new tablet. I went to both the Apple and Sony stores and I was impressed with the new Xperia Tablet Z from Sony. Has anyone seen or used one? Your thoughts on it versus the iPad. I truly love the fact that it's waterproof and scratch resistant, and the pictures are amazing. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Xperia Tablet Z | Lightest, thinnest, water proof Android 4.1 Tablet | Sony USA

oooooh snap

Stable Genius
Established Member
looks great but I just can't get used to the android or windows 8 UI. i always seem to grab my iPad, and i have splashtop to connect to my networked computer (with wake on lan) to do anything on my iPad that ios can't do. also the built in lte card makes it much more practical.

just my $0.02

Buddy17

Avid SVTP(er)
Established Member
honestly comes down to Android vs iOS...you are going to get your nutswingers for both platforms.

Play with both extensively and go with what you like. I started out with iPhones, moved to Android, but still own an iPad. I wish I had an Android tablet right now, to say the least.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
If you like simple & dependable then go with iOS.

If you want beautiful, more control, customizable and expandability go with Android.

They both work very well out of the box now however, Android seems to be much more advance with their updates.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I love that you can use it as a universal, programmable remote. One of the features of the Galaxy S4 that intrigued me.

Only down side is that when used as a universal remote the battery drains rather quickly. But it is a nice feature.

I have to agree with what Buddy17's advice about trying both out. I wouldn't just go by reviews. You have to experience the features, ease of use, intuitively of the OS, screen image/text quality, etc., and then decide which tablet works the best for you. No tablet is perfect, but you surely want to get the one that does the most for you.

Users who are viewing this thread