New Shifter, Does it make a difference???

Do you use stock or after market shifter

• Aftermarket

Votes: 132 79.5%
  • Stock Shifter

Votes: 34 20.5%

• Total voters

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
I put Tri-Ax's in both my T-56's, and wish I had actually driven the stock one for a while. I am less than impressed. No real issues per se, but I had a Kirban in the TR-3650 that was in my GT and it was far less notchy than the Tri-Ax. I may have to cough up the cash for an MGW and see what they're all aboot....

Don

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
johnny-longtors said:
I put Tri-Ax's in both my T-56's, and wish I had actually driven the stock one for a while. I am less than impressed. No real issues per se, but I had a Kirban in the TR-3650 that was in my GT and it was far less notchy than the Tri-Ax. I may have to cough up the cash for an MGW and see what they're all aboot....

Don
I had a Tri-Ax for about 9 months and replaced it with an MGW in the hope that it would improve the shifting. IMO, it helped a little but not that much. I don't think it was worth it and I wouldn't do it again if I had it to do over.

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
I've had the Pro 5.0 for about 6 months and have had no problem with it. Much cleaner shifts than stock and haven't missed 3rd since the install.

stimeybob

REDFIRE COBRA
Established Member
Shifters

I had a hurst shifter for about 7 or 8 months. Had a hard time hitting 3rd, so I just replaced with a Red handle MGW tonight. What a difference it makes in all shifts. I can't see anyone missing a shift with this shifter. I seen that someone said " Its the best mod I've made on my car", I will agree with that. Its the best shifter on the market in my book. :burnout:

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
why2kmax said:
Forgive me but Im not a cobra owner but was thinking of buying a shifter for a friend as a B-day present. MGW seems to be a clear favorite but what about the B&M Ripper shifter? or is that refered to in this thread by pro 5.0?? Good, bad, ugly?

I had a B&M ripper in my old fox-body Stang, it was a good shifter..the 3rd gear spring wasnt the best, but it was quiet.

I always had a special place for Tri-ax's in my heart, but ever since i first tried a MGW..I was hooked. Way smoother, and quiet compared to Tri-ax..just a plai nall around better shifter.

MGW BLUE ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread