New Shelby GT500 wheels are BBS wheels?

f ê r

Tropical Tuned
Established Member
I was looking at BBS site and noticed they had this RX-R wheel marked as "NEW" and is very similar, if not identical, to the new GT500 wheels.

BBS_RX_R.gif

Shelby.jpg

Winnidude

Established Member
The BBS has 10 inner triangles and the GT500 has 8. But very similiar in concept. Either wheel is too busy to me.

f ê r

Tropical Tuned
Established Member
Ah good eye! Im not crazy about them either, at least in pics, dont know how they'll look in person.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I wouldn't be surprised if they made the wheel for Ford based off that design but with changes to make it a one-off for the GT500.

f ê r

Tropical Tuned
Established Member
Yeah, I think you all are right. On a side note, I read somewhere, dont remember right know, that all BOSS wheels were BBS too. I think thats nice.

qachargh

Established Member
Then why couldn't they have just gotten BBS to make larger versions of the RS-GT? It would have looked awesome!

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
BBS doesn't make the Boss or any wheel for the GT500. Ford is utilizing a Chinese source for these. All BBS wheel production takes place in Germany.

BBSproducedonlyinGermany.jpg

BBSSchiltach.jpg

BBSHerbolzheim.jpg

The latest (forged) GT500 wheel offerings will no doubt proudly display their country of origin as they have in previous years...

'11-'12 SVT PP wheel...

IMG_7894.jpg

'10-'12 standard GT500 wheel (top dog in '10)...

ry%3D480

Note how far ahead of production these wheels were being produced.

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
wow, those production dates are very interesting. surprising that you don't see wheel pics making it to the web before a car is debuted. i might be the only one interested in wheel 'spy shots' though, LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread