New Shelby GT350R or New GTR - same price

BladeX10

Established Member
I hated on GTR's until i got to drive one around for 30 mins. IMO, Its on a whole different level compared to a Mustang. When you drive a Mustang, Youre basically driving a hopped up $20k base chassis car and it really shows after getting out of the GTR. I'm a huge Mustang guy but when you start getting into the $70-80k range, There are several other options i'd choose over a Mustang. Thats just me being an unbiased realist.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Hmm, get ripped off on a GT350 or get a screaming deal on GTR. GTR, even if I didn't like the car.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
GTR, better deal, and if you change your mind later, better resale(maybe). The cars are incredible to drive.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
the two cars are not comparable as the the GTR is near double the money of a GT350R.

why not find a dealer(there are many) that will ordered and sell you one at MSRP. I've never even sat in a GTR, and i can appreciate the tech and speed of the car, i mean really it needs no introduction. the GT350R may be the new standard for an american sports car, we don't know you but the mags are raving about it.

it would really all come down to what you appreciate and want in a car. for me the vodoo motor, the looks and personality of the new GT350 would be for me. id also probably take a Z/28 over a GTR to. doest mean the GTR is any less of a marvel of a car.

Wildman113

Established Member
GT350R all day, there is no comparison. The GT350R is a dedicated track car in every aspect, its a pure bred. You can lap it all day and go back the next day for more. The GT-R can't even compete in a track day event without shitting the bed, they have engine and transmission overheat issues due to the fact that they use a small engine with boost and have a very high curb weight. Not only that, but they chew up tires on the track faster than most cars go through a tank of gas. At every track day event I've been to some cocky bastards GT-R has broken down.

All you need to do is hear the GT350R in track mode with the exhaust baffles open and the decision should be an easy one. They sound AMAZING, unlike the GT-R which sounds like a cheap vacuum cleaner. Never mind the fact that the GT350R is simply the better car. Instead of buying an overpriced 4,000 lb Nissan with a boosted Altima V6, buy a piece of history. And as usual, buying American is the best choice you can make.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I hated on GTR's until i got to drive one around for 30 mins. IMO, Its on a whole different level compared to a Mustang. When you drive a Mustang, Youre basically driving a hopped up $20k base chassis car and it really shows after getting out of the GTR. I'm a huge Mustang guy but when you start getting into the $70-80k range, There are several other options i'd choose over a Mustang. Thats just me being an unbiased realist.

I thought the gtr was a hopped up awd 370z. Am I missing something?

Lemers

Established Member
I thought the gtr was a hopped up awd 370z. Am I missing something?

No it's not. In fact the GTR is a completely a separate platform than any other Nissan/infinity

Prior to the R35 GTR, the GTR was a trim of the Skyline (GT, GTS, GTS-T, GTR to name a few) these were JDM only with a few being privately exported to other countries. It had 2 or 4 doors.

In 2004 the Nissan Skyline was released in Japan there was no GTR trim, because Nissan decided to separate all future GTRs from the Skyline platform. The Skyline became a global car for the first time and was released in the states as the G35 and it came with 2 and 4 doors

2009 the Nissan R35 GTR was released around the world as a global vehicle. For the states Infiniti was pushing for it to be badged as an Infiniti. But name recognition (thank you Grand Turismo) and tradition won out and it kept the Nissan Badge.

Klay

Established Member
Lol, let me guess, you've drove at least 4 GTRs and all over 1000whp.

You drive a GT350 and I'll drive my GTR right beside it and you'll see the difference. I have a GT500 as well dude, this is an unbiased opinion. The cars are in two different brackets. (Waiting to hear all the stories about how they drove their friend's friend's GTR and it sucked ballsack.

Ah I see, so you have driven both vehicles and know exactly how they compare then? If not, you have no room to talk. A GT350R is NOT a GT500 and I would imagine the handling differences are night and day.

For me, the GT350R wins hands down. This isn't just "another mustang", do you guys even read what you type? The mustang looks way better in my opinion and the sounds much better. We shall see how the two stack up performance wise but the GT350R is no slouch like some of you are inferring.

Last edited:

Sirraf

Established Member
Ah I see, so you have driven both vehicles and know exactly how they compare then? If not, you have no room to talk. A GT350R is NOT a GT500 and I would imagine the handling differences are night and day.

For me, the GT350R wins hands down. This isn't just "another mustang", do you guys even read what you type? The mustang looks way better in my opinion and the sounds much better. We shall see how the two stack up performance wise but the GT350R is no slouch like some of you are inferring.

At least I have one of the ones in discussion. How about you? Since your opinion is clearly more valid.

BlueSnake01

Established Member

Wait…. wut? :kaboom::loser:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
GT350R all day, there is no comparison. The GT350R is a dedicated track car in every aspect, its a pure bred. You can lap it all day and go back the next day for more. The GT-R can't even compete in a track day event without shitting the bed, they have engine and transmission overheat issues due to the fact that they use a small engine with boost and have a very high curb weight. Not only that, but they chew up tires on the track faster than most cars go through a tank of gas. At every track day event I've been to some cocky bastards GT-R has broken down.

All you need to do is hear the GT350R in track mode with the exhaust baffles open and the decision should be an easy one. They sound AMAZING, unlike the GT-R which sounds like a cheap vacuum cleaner. Never mind the fact that the GT350R is simply the better car. Instead of buying an overpriced 4,000 lb Nissan with a boosted Altima V6, buy a piece of history. And as usual, buying American is the best choice you can make.
Please do tell us how the GT350R you drove was…. You have an 04 Cobra.. talk about real heat issues LOL The GT350R will have its hands full against the new 1LE Camaro, the GT-R is another level. Might as well buy a Miata if you want a reliable track car instead of an ovrpriced Mustang or “boosted Altima”

A Japanese car that was never sold in the US finally made its entry and whooped on American and Exotic cars for a low price. Would you not call that history?

Sirraf

Established Member

Everything about your post is completely ridiculous lol. I had to show a few friends so we could start our day with a good laugh. You don't have a single correct fact in your post about a GTR. Doesn't weight 4,000 pounds, does not have a VQ series altima engine. Actually, nearly all American auto maker brands are in the mid-low tier for quality in their automobiles. Toyota, Honda and Nissan actually lead automakers with quality standards. I am actually willing to bet you have never seen a GTR at a track day, let alone see one" shit the bed" due to a transmission issue.

Last edited:

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
Personally I would go with the GT350 R just because it will be more rare and hold value better. But if want a DD as well as a car you can mod and not worry as much about resale because of said mods I would go with the GTR.......

Users who are viewing this thread