New Shelby Clutch Feel...

Johnjan

...or lack of feel?

I have about 1300 miles on my 2017 GT350. I have already replaced the clutch assist spring with the Steeda softer spring looking for more "accurate" clutch feel. Still very dissatisfied - it is impossible to feel where in the pedal stroke the clutch engages/disengages.

Should I be looking at other parts of the clutch system? Or is this just how Mustangs are?

Thanks,

John

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
It's how this Mustang is, anyways. Ford has been "assisting" Mustangs for some time now. The individual that signed off on this one needs more leg strength.

:)

Krogen

The odd clutch was the first thing I noticed when I fist started a '16 Shelby. I thought it was pretty odd. Never felt a clutch like it. After buying my '17 and driving it a bit, it turned out to be the easiest to drive manual I've encountered. It's all a matter of getting accustomed to it. I have a '14 Tacoma pickup, 6 sp manual. It's clutch has been a lot more quirky. I still wrassle with it. Back in the day, I had a '69 GTO. At times I thought I needed to use >both< feet on it! It was that heavy. Bottom line is they're all different.

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
Being used to my BOSS and SHELBY, the first time I drove my buddies 350, I literally almost put my foot through the floor boards! These 350's have a featherlite clutch. Crazy. Takes getting used to. Only downfall is it would shrink my already skinny legs. lol

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
It actually doesn't bother me. It feels about the same as the S4 I traded for it. The SPEC Super Twin clutch in my GT500 doesn't feel all that heavy, either. Our old '06 Forester XT had a stupid heavy clutch! It was heavier than the stock GT500 clutch and the SPEC.

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
after having 04 cobra/09gt500/2013boss302/3013gt500/2016 gt350tech/and now 2017 gt350 my opinion is the clutch in these gt350s is the easiest to use and the smoothest ive had in a performance ford. I really like the smooth/easy pedal pressure and the release point.

Users who are viewing this thread