New Setup

Boosted_Cobra.

Matta fact...
Established Member
Steig IV Ported Blower (2.76 or 2.65 upper)
Mac LTs
JLT Rai with airtube running up from hole on bumper
Sct 2800
Afco Dual Pass
60lb's Injects.
Bap
Spec 5, billet alum.fly, 26 spline
5 gal fuel cell in trunk (Race Gas)
A1000 pump (for nitrous)
Cold Fusion Wetkit (Jetted for 200 or 250 shot)
Tune
335 bfg drags

Looking for close to 500whp on blower, 750/9xx on the sauce.

I also wanna lose the IRS and get a solid, thats next.

Discuss? Is that the right assumption of power? Suggestions?

Last edited:

Silverboost

Established Member
I guess the first thing you need to think about is how quick to do you want to run the 1/4 in? That nitrous shot is huge and you will blow those drag radials off with a shot that large. I would start out with a 100 shot and work your way up and eventually doing a 2 stage nitrous setup instead of the 200 or 250 shot.

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
I agree with take the nitrous hit in steps. As said....race fuel will be a must...a/f in the 10.0-10.5 I think would keep you safe too,.. along with less gap in the plugs. That was my experience with nitrous in my first and third 03 Cobra. In one of my Cobra's I was running leaded race fuel ...like 116 octane(something like that) with all sensors turned off. The car had a 6lb lower and 2.80 upper also. Was like 20 lbs of boost.

With my latest toys...I have stayed away from Nitrous and mainly concentrate on supercharged power and getting the car down the track cleanly.

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
If you are planning on getting anything more than 500LBFT to the ground, you'll need better tires. Anything over that and you'll have "black butter" at almost any speed.

Last edited:

Boosted_Cobra.

Matta fact...
Established Member
Well im gonna do a nice rear end suspension setup, that should help me hook. No track times for me, its a street car. Looking to put a hurtin on some cars out here in Houston.

TR7 is the plug I plan on running.

Has anybody ran a 200-250 shot? On a single kit of course?

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree with the others, that's a big shot and there's a lot of of problems associated with it. I would try running a combo, maybe a 4lb/2.76 setup with a single blade TB/ported plenum and then a 75-125 shot. The combo alone will make a ton of torque which will still be hard to put to ground through 1st and 2nd, then spray it in 3rd and you should be able to walk away from just about any street car with a little weight reduction.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree, too, about the nitrous shot. IMO looking at your proposed setup that's a lot to do/spend on a street setup unless you're racing at the track or into local organized stuff. Street conditions aren't going to be as nice as at the track so your chance of breakage might be higher. And remember that there is always going to be someone faster than you, so it would seem to me that you're one step away from wanting to go twin-turbo. It can get VERY expensive when you're wanting to be king of the street. JMO.

Users who are viewing this thread